[Music] The Infinite Jukebox

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Silver Dream machine - David Essex

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Can I take a moment to complain about the Quality Control on Significant Pages of this thread?

The first post of Page 400 was Milli Vanilli, the start of Page 500 was Smokie and now we have David bleeding Essex starting Page 600!

The people responsible for these posts need to have a good look at themselves....:lolol:

And .....

Silver Morning - Brian Eno

I don't suppose there will be many who know what Top Bombing that response that is but I shall let the World know - The Soft Machine track specifically namechecks all the members of the Jimi Hendrix Experience as the Softs had just finished supporting them on their 1968 USA Tour. :bowdown:

And back to the thread.....

She's Electric - Oasis

Why thank you so much for that kind compliment. I must confess that I had absolutely no idea about that Soft Machine track!

And back to the thread...

Nanci Griffith – Late Night Grande Hotel

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Why thank you so much for that kind compliment. I must confess that I had absolutely no idea about that Soft Machine track!

And back to the thread...

Nanci Griffith – Late Night Grande Hotel

Well in that case it was serendipity, if you watch video on You Tube the 'home movie' aspect makes it clear it is all about the 1968 Hendrix Tour. It was very strange to see a young Robert Wyatt walking about, he must have been a wheelchair user for almost 40 years now. But as you say back to the thread and.....

Walking after Midnight - The Cowboy Junkies

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Sounds orchestral - cast Your fate To The Wind.

And a note to Jakarta - what's wrong with David Bleeding Essex, as you would have him named. I wouldn't put him down at the same level as Smokie or milli vanilli.

PS - I did see Soft Machine in Paris in 1975, if that helps.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Sounds orchestral - cast Your fate To The Wind.

And a note to Jakarta - what's wrong with David Bleeding Essex, as you would have him named. I wouldn't put him down at the same level as Smokie or milli vanilli.

PS - I did see Soft Machine in Paris in 1975, if that helps.

OK a cut above Smokie or the Mimers I'll give you, but not really my cup of tea (Mrs J fancied him back in the day which doesn't help)

As for the Softs by 1975 they were far too jazz for me - I much preferred their early stuff with Robert Wyatt - blimey was all of this almost 40 years ago?

Anyway a Cryptic one:

Who Are You? - The Who

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here