Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Impressions Show

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Pretty much.

I haven't seen it to be honest - the new series, but expected as much. I think he's a good impressionist but when you see him interviewed you clearly get the "impression" he hasn't got a funny line in him and relies on others.

Reminds of Phil Cool in that respect if you remember him, relied on writers such as Jasper Carrot (I think). Mike Yarwood before him.

I think that's where Rory Bremner somewhat broke the mould.

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
This show needs sharp teeth.
Look at the country, look at the world, so many issues need addressing & satirising but this show swerves them.
It's on at 8.30 isn't it? I think the BBC is aiming it at 12 year olds & they've bottled it bigtime. Just a TV show referencing other TV shows. A waste of a slot.
On Newsnight last night Paxman packed more wit, truth & observation into his opening two minutes than the entire Imression Show series.
There are so many quality comedians out there who could come up with scripts, why aren't they being tried?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has anybody ever found any impressionist funny? Or is it just me.

Chris Barrie, of mrbrittassss fame was very funny. His ronald Reagan was genius, ESP on spitting image

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Has anybody ever found any impressionist funny? Or is it just me.

I thought the whole point of impressions is that it isn't 'just me'...?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Rory Bremner was hilarious. Clever, politically astute and well written. The Bird and Fortune pieces (although not impressions) were also well observed.

Spitting Image would be fantastic now - just how much mileage is there with Clegg, Osborne, CMD, Milliband and the Royal family? Probably the best time since the 80s for that kind of humour.

The clever part of spitting image is that they werent all impressions. Beryl Reid as the queen mum was superb - and Kenneth baker as a slug. Things you cant do with human bodies but could achieve with latex.

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Culshaw's impression of Dale Winton impersonating Simon Cowell was spot on;
some of his other Dale Winton's impersonating others were not so good

does he do anyone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here