Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The importance of the next 2 league games

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
just keep the points ticking over, big game saturday but the boys seem to rise to everything and that is the starting 11 and the bench allowing us to change the game after an hour and still carry on with the quality we have.
good times and all class....!
with you bellend ! Going to Ballmouth ?

EHBA

Jan 12, 2011
Bmth fan here. We could be 4 or 5 points ahead of you on 22nd at 5.00pm in the unlikely event that we beat Colchester on Friday, Rochdale (A) next Tues and you at Dean Court and you lose/draw with Posh. Our away results have got to improve and we have to win a good share of the 6 pointers at home, you, Scum, Charlton, Sheff Wed, Hudds.

BTW - make sure you pay (£1.50) if you park in the municipal car park behind the south/temporary stand. Quite afew Argyle fans got tickets last Sat when wardens went round during the match. Easy enough to miss the P&D signs driving in and then walk over to the ground in blissful but naive ignorance. Same applies in the KingsPark and by Queens Park Golf Course areas, if you're not sure don't risk it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
My only concern is when Southampton go top very shortly will it affect the players mentally?

I do agree with the original poster that the next two games are key games.

One bad week of football and we could be sitting in 3rd place.

We really need to go on another run again.Last nights results have cranked up the nerves slightly for me but then i keep reminding myself we have Gus here don't panic.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Bmth fan here. We could be 4 or 5 points ahead of you on 22nd at 5.00pm in the unlikely event that we beat Colchester on Friday, Rochdale (A) next Tues and you at Dean Court and you lose/draw with Posh. Our away results have got to improve and we have to win a good share of the 6 pointers at home, you, Scum, Charlton, Sheff Wed, Hudds.

BTW - make sure you pay (£1.50) if you park in the municipal car park behind the south/temporary stand. Quite afew Argyle fans got tickets last Sat when wardens went round during the match. Easy enough to miss the P&D signs driving in and then walk over to the ground in blissful but naive ignorance. Same applies in the KingsPark and by Queens Park Golf Course areas, if you're not sure don't risk it.

Good post mate.Good luck to you.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We need to give Peterborough another lesson in "perfect football" on Saturday to prove that the humiliation in their Cup Final at London Road wasn't a one off , after that the confidence will be oozing again.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Interesting set of fixtures this weekend.

Colchester v B'muff - Colchester only lost 2 at home, B'muff only won 2 away. Draw
SCC v Notts Co - home win
Walsall v H'field - Walsall picked up a couple of useful results recently - Draw
Sheff W v Charlton - would love a draw but think Weds will shade it - Home win

Based on that (and assuming we win), come 5pm Saturday the table will hopefully look something like this....

Albion - 46
SCC - 43
B'muff - 40
H'field - 40
P'boro - 36
Weds - 36
Charlton - 34

3 points clear at top, with game in hand, and 6 points clear of 3rd. That'll do nicely thank you very much :thumbsup:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My only concern is when Southampton go top very shortly will it affect the players mentally?

I do agree with the original poster that the next two games are key games.

One bad week of football and we could be sitting in 3rd place.

We really need to go on another run again.Last nights results have cranked up the nerves slightly for me but then i keep reminding myself we have Gus here don't panic.

cranked up your neves only slightly? Blimey! God help you if we actually lose a game in the near future.

SCC are catching us at the rate of about four points every ten games. Win our game in hand and we are still potentially 6 points clear of them at the moment (yes I know we have to actually win it but we are back on form so why not assume that we will).

Them getting closer is a good reminder that there is still a long way to go. They have reached halfway and are on 40 points. BUT if we sit on 46 points after we reach our halfway point at 5pm on Saturday maybe people will remember to believe :)

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
cranked up your neves only slightly? Blimey! God help you if we actually lose a game in the near future.

SCC are catching us at the rate of about four points every ten games. Win our game in hand and we are still potentially 6 points clear of them at the moment (yes I know we have to actually win it but we are back on fom so why not assume that we will).

Them getting closer is a good reminder that there is still a long way to go. They have reached halfway and are on 40 points. BUT if we sit on 46 points after we reach our halfway point at 5pm on Saturday maybe people will remember to believe :)[/QUOTE

Don't kid yourself chap.They will be ahead of us within 3 weeks max or the next 5 games whatever come first.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Every game is important for me, we need to keep winning, as easy as that sounds its not going to be at all, we will have another slump at somepoint. Also let us not forget, we are merely HALF-WAY through the season, bloody long way to go yet chaps....bloody long way!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Every game is important for me, we need to keep winning, as easy as that sounds its not going to be at all, we will have another slump at somepoint. Also let us not forget, we are merely HALF-WAY through the season, bloody long way to go yet chaps....bloody long way!

Not sure we are due another slump though.Looking at the form guide of past teams that go up they have one slump where they don't win for 4 0r 5 games and that's it really.They might lose and draw but it's then followed up with wins.We went 5 games without a win and i cannot see that happening again if we finish 2nd.Apart from Leeds who had a major slump due to being in a few cup comps.
I fully expect us to lose a few more.13 wins 6 draws 5 defeats in the next 24 games would seal promotion.88pts return

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its not a case of being "due" a slump, its either gonna happen or it wont. I'm still worried about our strength in depth in areas and can see a couple of suspensions & injuries plighting our form at some stage. Like I said we're only half way through, ANYTHING can happen.....dont discount falling into the Play-Offs or getting a 12 point lead by March....footballs crazy innit!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
its not a case of being "due" a slump, its either gonna happen or it wont. I'm still worried about our strength in depth in areas and can see a couple of suspensions & injuries plighting our form at some stage. Like I said we're only half way through, ANYTHING can happen.....dont discount falling into the Play-Offs or getting a 12 point lead by March....footballs crazy innit!

Not what you said " we will have another slump at somepoint."

My point is why? I can't see us having a slump like we just had if we want to go up.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not what you said " we will have another slump at somepoint."

thats just me expecting the worst then being delighted should it not happen :thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
thats just me expecting the worst then being delighted should it not happen :thumbsup:
It's getting to me as well.

The horrible thought of being in league 1 next season at the Amex and someone snapping up Gus.Championship clubs putting in bids over the summer for players like Bennett,We must go up.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We are already 'on a run'. Our current run has lasted 22 games, during which we've lost just 3...

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If were top at the end of January, then I'll get greedy, but I'd be a liar if I say I won't be BITTERLY disappointed if we don't go up this year.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Don't kid yourself chap.They will be ahead of us within 3 weeks max or the next 5 games whatever come first.

why?

next 5 games:

Peterboro/Colchester at home
Bournemouth/Orient/Bristol Rovers away

no reason on current form not to expect 10 points minimum from that takes us to 27 games/53 points

SCC in the same period:

Notts Co at home
Tranmere/Exeter/Peterboro away

say 10 points giving them 27 games/50 points

still leaves us in front

...........and with luck their focus on the Man U game will mean they drop a few extra points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here