Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The importance of the next 2 league games

Peterborough: currently 5th spot.

Beat them, we are 10 points clear of them. Lose and its only 3. Dont dismiss them. They are the only other team in the top 5 we don't have a game in hand over.

Assuming we beat them..........

Following week Bournmouth (Assuming they win this weekend).

Beat them, 7 points clear of them and a game in hand (so 10 pts), lose and its only 3.

Basically, by winning out next 2 games we should be able to make the auto promotion spots very difficult indeed for anyone other than ourselves and SCC.

Win our game in hand against colchester and even if Hudds win all those games in the interim, we will be 7 points clear of them (with 2 games in hand so 13!!) and also 13 points in front of all bar SCC, which inceidentally we will be 6 points clear of it we beat Colchester (more if they slip up)

Basically we are in a position to enter February (just 3 months to run) being 10 points clear of 3rd.

Lets do it!!!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
So winning games is good? Blimey, call Gus and let him know!

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

What the f*cking hell do you get out of that post? Its a decent discussion point, if you want to snarl at a football thread
regarding Brighton then jog on...

Getting back to the football. I think the Peterborough game is particularly important as its a home game. Yes we will lose
the odd game and especially away, but if we can keep winning at home we will be difficult to overtake.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Beat them, we are 10 points clear of them. Lose and its only 3. Dont dismiss them. They are the only other team in the top 5 we don't have a game in hand over.

Assuming we beat them..........

Following week Bournmouth (Assuming they win this weekend).

Beat them, 7 points clear of them and a game in hand (so 10 pts), lose and its only 3.

Basically, by winning out next 2 games we should be able to make the auto promotion spots very difficult indeed for anyone other than ourselves and SCC.

Win our game in hand against colchester and even if Hudds win all those games in the interim, we will be 7 points clear of them (with 2 games in hand so 13!!) and also 13 points in front of all bar SCC, which inceidentally we will be 6 points clear of it we beat Colchester (more if they slip up)

Basically we are in a position to enter February (just 3 months to run) being 10 points clear of 3rd.

Lets do it!!!

We just need to keep up our current form and this is a great opportunity to open a gap over some of the chasing pack.

Not quite sure about your Maths though. Surely if we are 7 points clear of Peterborough, a win will put us 10 points clear but a defeat will leave us 4 points clear?

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit

This constant trying to put down threads is getting tedious ( unless ironic or funny). This is just a poor try at a put down and unnecessary.
This thread is good discussion point.
Now go away and do not try again.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I have the feeling that Gus and his team like being out front. And though it is hard to see it at the moment because fo games being out of sequence, we're still doing well. Agreed some sides below us are hitting a bit of form, but so are we. If we keep playing the way we have all season, we'll go up.

Southampton are due a blip - Bournemouth may not last the course. Agree that the next two games are potentially massive in terms of putting a clear gap between us and the pack or dragging us back into the pack.

Gus - earn your money now!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The joy of this season is that EVERY game is important, EVERY point gained is vital. The pressure is on every week, but not just on us, on our rivals too. This is the most exciting season I can remember in a long while and we have so far risen to the challenge as our opponents strive to keep us honest.

Nice to have the football panic taking our minds off the Amex ticket panic for a change.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I always imagine that this sort of analysis is the sort that football supporters tend to get worked up over, and I'm as bad as anyone for this. My suspicion is that in the end, Gus will just prepare his team to get a win, and not even bother analysing the table. Put simply, keep on winning, we win the title. It really is that simple.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
The joy of this season is that EVERY game is important, EVERY point gained is vital. The pressure is on every week, but not just on us, on our rivals too. This is the most exciting season I can remember in a long while and we have so far risen to the challenge as our opponents strive to keep us honest.

Nice to have the football panic taking our minds off the Amex ticket panic for a change.

100% agree.

Its nice to have a season where every game matters....unlike some previous seasons when its only really exciting at the end as we scrape ourselves clear of relegation!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm a bit of a statistics nerd but it is irresistable isn't it, trying to work out what will happen if.......................?

Big, big games coming up starting Saturday.

I know people say that there is no such thing as a six-pointer so early in the season but even a draw on Saturday will drag us back towards the pack so it really is vital and that isn't going to be lost on the players or the management I'm sure. So far this season we have thrived under pressure rather so let's hope we keep our new mini-run going with another win.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Beat them, we are 10 points clear of them. Lose and its only 3.

As malta said, it would be 4pts if we lose.
But it would effectively be 5 due to the gulf in GD.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We've been saying this for weeks now. The fact is all of our games are important. The pack behind us are very close together and very close to us. Sounds obvious but we just have to keep winning.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Exactly that. There's so many teams that aren't far away. There are teams in the bottom half of the table a win and a draw away from the play-off zones! It seems to be a different team below us every few days at the moment. As long as they remain below us though, I'm happy. Especially with us only have the second best goal difference in the league after last night!

bellsize seagull

Mar 1, 2004
north london
just keep the points ticking over, big game saturday but the boys seem to rise to everything and that is the starting 11 and the bench allowing us to change the game after an hour and still carry on with the quality we have.
good times and all class....!

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Southampton seem to be the main danger: they are flying under Atkins. The thing is once you're at the top, you get greedy: I want us to go up as champions! I think we will but it will be close.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here