Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The impact of a Chelsea move to Battersea on the Albion

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
60k at chelsea ?

62D823F8BBDE015FDE5B0CDFA7F5.jpg

I think Palace will be more worried about Crawley getting promotion today than Chelsea relocating to South of the River. Crawley seemed upwardly mobile while Palace are on a long slide which will probably see both Clubs sharing league One season 2013 -14.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They can't buy those shares without consent ...

i was saying they dont necessarily need to buy those shares.

I have been reading about this in today's paper. As I understand it, the stadium will be built within the current structure and save all/most of the key features. If they pull this off it will be one of the most iconic stadiums in the world and one amazing piece of architecture.

it would be pretty amazing stadium. i dont know if there are proper plans, they are promsing to keep so much i wonder if its possible, looks too narrow if its to have natural light over the whole pitch. maybe they can pull down one side or the higher reaches of the walls? i think only parts are listed, ie the chimneys, with other plans pulling down other bits.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My Palace-supporting friend has messaged me that the story that surfaced in the press last November about Chelsea looking into building a new 60,000 stadium on the site of Battersea Power Station is back on. Clearly, he is not happy about it.
Why? Palace fans are the most hardcore in the country, a Chelsea stadium in Sainsbury's car park wouldn't tempt them away from the mighty Eagles.

cammac

Nov 12, 2011
Eastbourne
If we lost a few who come because BHA are the second option for them, then so be it, better to get rid and replace with fans who see Brighton as a first choice..

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i was saying they dont necessarily need to buy those shares.

it would be pretty amazing stadium. i dont know if there are proper plans, they are promsing to keep so much i wonder if its possible, looks too narrow if its to have natural light over the whole pitch. maybe they can pull down one side or the higher reaches of the walls? i think only parts are listed, ie the chimneys, with other plans pulling down other bits.

The chimneys, the west turbine hall and the control room are all listed. Other than the chimneys Im not entirely sure which sections these are though

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We might lose a few fans who have moved house from London to be near the seaside and are closet glory hunters. They wouldn't care about paying £1200 for a season ticket because they only want the kudos.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
It spells the end. Within 1 season of the opening, the Amex'll be shut down and back to Withdean.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Brighton could sustain 20-25,000 in the Premier League all day long from the South coast-this may not seem a lot and perhaps would not be enough but i have based this on all our closest rivals doing well and Crawley in the Championship too..

Lush

Mods' Pet
Rethinking this, I know plenty of Chelsea 'fans' in London itself who don't go to games because of the Stamford Bridge experience. I reckon it will mainly be these fans who start coming back. We're not really scrapping for a very limited pool of people, the potential for new season ticket holders/match-by-match attenders for both clubs is pretty big if the 'product' is right.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But I still can't see how that site could be transformed into a ground of that size, leaving the chimneys intact, which I think are protected. Presumably the consultants have a plan in mind
They'd make lovely corner posts.................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here