Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The idiots who ran on

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
I hope they are banned for life. Surely not STH's, these people are scumbags. What a stupid way to put a damper on what was a great evening in the clubs history.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
North end of the west stand lower. Two guys tried to get on the first one made it on the pitch turned around and saw his friend being bundled by the stewards and seemed to abandon plans to run further onto the pitch and instead stood there and gloated like an idiot.

There was a second incident after full time where one guy got his son to go on the pitch, unnoticed at first so he tried to encourage the kid (who was just about to come off) to go across the pitch, then attempted to join him at which point stewards stopped him. Initially he went off without fuss but as they moved him off the pitch he started to put the steward in a headlock, which brought in the response stewards to bundle him away.

Feb 14, 2010
Pitch invasion? Didnt see one on tv but wish I had. Its proper football and Brighton fans finest hour was a pitch invasion against York. We are not happy clappers, we are not watford.then again tonight there was no reason for one, it was only the league cup.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
From the way they were giving the north stand the wanker sign I thought they were away fans. The second ones were odd: it seemed to be a 10 year old kid and his dad, who was very agitated and ready for a fight with the stewards. Henry winter on twitter has praised us for giving the pitch invaders the bird, so it's not all bad

SirElliotBennett

May 5, 2010
West Stand Lower
Did anyone else see at the end when a man and child decided to run on the pitch?
The kid looked about 10 and the man with him, (guess he was his dad) was encouraging him on. When the steward managed to stop them the man started on the steward. :facepalm:
Hope they get a long ban

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I hope they are banned for life. Surely not STH's, these people are scumbags. What a stupid way to put a damper on what was a great evening in the clubs history.

Has it really put a dampner on your evening?? I thought it was unnecessary and they will probably get banned but was it really that much of a major incident to ruin your evening???

Feb 14, 2010
Has it really put a dampner on your evening?? I thought it was unnecessary and they will probably get banned but was it really that much of a major incident to ruin your evening???

Its the "look at me and how civilised I am despite being a football fan, so I am special" attitude. Makes you laugh, lucky we didnt have to rely on them during the civil war we had with the club. Pitch invasions are a part of the fun of football, leaving aside York City, Ipswich at home, Millwall at home, Shrewbury away, ect ect, all amazing pitch invasions. But were these posters there for those games or are they JCL's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here