REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
This made me chucle this morning

180504perspective.gif

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
:lolol:
I know they have freedom of speech in the USA (allegedly), but you do wonder if a US version of 2DTV or Spitting Image would be 'granted' airtime over there. The creators would probably get a friendly visit from the FBI and that would be that.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Cheeky Monkey said:
:lolol:
I know they have freedom of speech in the USA (allegedly), but you do wonder if a US version of 2DTV or Spitting Image would be 'granted' airtime over there. The creators would probably get a friendly visit from the FBI and that would be that.

No, despite what people seem to think the FBI don't storm in and shut down radio and TV shows (yet), that's the job of the FCC.
There is a real lack of decent satire on American TV, the only really good show is "The Daily Show" on Comedy Central. But there is still plenty of satire from political cartoonists and even some liberal radio shows (Air America Radio ). I think the reason for the lack of decent satire on TV is more a result of corperate ownership of the TV networks which would rather knock out a dozen lame (but safe) sitcoms about a family in New York/LA/Boston/Chicago.... or a group of single friends in NY/LA/Boston/Chicago.... than actually take a risk on something requires their viewers to think. They cater to the lowest common denominator.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Cheeky Monkey said:
I often wonder if Bush has ever seen the portrayal of himself on 2DTV.

Oh yes he has, George Michael used it in one of his video's post arrest and it got pulled very quickly after a bit of a storm was brewing GM's way. Whether he got it or not is another matter.

Why is nato written back to front behind them? Is this for the Arabs? (That's a joke BTW don't want no Kiroy's here!, BTW has anyone been up to the BBC yet and scrawled Kilroy waz ere on the wall?)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here