Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "I AM THE ONLY PERSON AT WORK" Due to snow/Public Transport/laziness roll call

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The "I AM THE ONLY PERSON AT WORK" Due to snow/Public Transport/laziness roll call

:wave:

Usually work in a department of 14 people - I am the only one here.

:glare::rant:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
On your own, on your own, on your own etc etc:lolol:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
you can sing at the top of your voice

" There's no one there, There's no one there"

and point randomly at empty desks..

hours of fun

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
The real problem is that I need a member of management to sign my timesheet before 10am, otherwise I won't get paid this week. So, I will understandable be very annoyed if nobody materialises.

:cry:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Im currently in work :( About half the department are not in but hats off to two people here. Both cycled in, one from Worthing and the other from Newhaven (BTW I work at AMEX, Edward Street)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm at work though due to no trainage it took me an hour to walk in, I did however get a little chav clean on the head with a snowball though so Monday is off to a pretty good start

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Im currently in work :( About half the department are not in but hats off to two people here. Both cycled in, one from Worthing and the other from Newhaven (BTW I work at AMEX, Edward Street)

Some people want to go to work, some don't. Reminds me of hurricane morning 1987, when i got to Churchill Square from Burgess Hill, but some from as close as Hanover couldn't make it.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Walked to Dorothy Stringer this morning to find it closed, as a supply teacher if I don't work I don't get paid so actually pretty pissed off at the moment, am hoping the weather clears as I'm due at Seaford Head tomorrow.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
The real problem is that I need a member of management to sign my timesheet before 10am, otherwise I won't get paid this week. So, I will understandable be very annoyed if nobody materialises.

:cry:

Phone the agency. Presuming they are even open themselves, explain and fax the timesheet over anyway. They will process it as normal, then you get it signed asap and fax the signed copy over. Any anomalies will be rectified next week.

I've had to do this once or twice in the past and it has been no problem

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Phone the agency. Presuming they are even open themselves, explain and fax the timesheet over anyway. They will process it as normal, then you get it signed asap and fax the signed copy over. Any anomalies will be rectified next week.

I've had to do this once or twice in the past and it has been no problem

It isn't an agency - I am on contract work in a University. Fortunatly a manager from another department has signed and payroll have agreed that, due to the exceptional circumstance, her signature will suffice.

*phew*

It is a proper blizzard outside now - Molineux is covered with snow.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
In my younger days i would have walked in from lower bev to the City centre, especially when I was the key holder.

On a good day, that would take about an hour so make that 2 in this weather. When you also consider the need to get home before it get's dark & freezes again (!) it's not worth the risk of near 4 hours walking in this weather and the chance of accident or injury leading to, potentially, more time off.

How do others go about being paid, should they be if they don't turn up? I'd be p'd off if I did turn up and others didn't but got paid. Would accept using a day as A/L to cover this.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i run a garage in kemp town and got in before my assistant manager who lives literally 10 mins walk away!!!!!:shrug:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
:wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here