Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The I ain't going to Lewes tomorrow night are you? Thread

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
No thanks, I get my bigotry fix at the Celtic Supporters Club.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been there once and cannot be bothered again, it is good but a right ARSE getting out of there.

Dandyman

In London village.
Already here. Will be going out for Badge Night in a wee while and looking foward to proudly marching through town with my fellow Cliffe Firemen tomorrow night.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone know who they will be burning this year? Edenbridge have announced Jordan after being advised against burning Nick Griffin!

If NSC had an effigy to burn at Lewes it would be between DeVecchi , Baker , Archer & Bellotti. :thumbsup: Or better still all 4 :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Will be marching at the head of the Grand Procession with Southover (first time since its re-forming 5 years ago).
The road closures are more draconian than usual and there are no extra trains because the Police want to keep the crowds down. So it will be harder to get in and out but less busy in Lewes. A bit Whicker Man I will concede (Local Event for Local People) but the buzz from marching with yer mates holding flaming torches and the crowd yelling with the Samba band just behind you compares with the best away Albion trips for spine-tingling, goose-bump raising atmosphere.
PG

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
As the above mentioned....no extra trains, severely restricted parking, lots of road closures from 5pm....get here early or don't bother.

Poxy f***ing town this is.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Really REALLY could not be bothered with Lewes. The crowds are just ridiculous, it reminds me of shopping on Christmas Eve. Nightmare getting there and back, herded about, no chance of getting served without a 30-45 minute wait, and seen it aaaaalll before.

Definitely to be avoided.

Wot he said.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
30-45 minutes?

Queue-jumper are you?

All you anti-Lewes people sound just as blinkered as the Falmer nimbys. There's never any trouble getting served at the john Harvey, the Dorset, lewes arms, etc and you can jump in a cab home from by the prison at 11.30 without waiting at all.

Hup the commercial square bonfire boys.

willingdon_seagull

Mar 5, 2008
I guess each to their own etc but for me I cannot think of anything worse than going to Lewes tomorrow. Packed out train to get there, long queue to get on a packed out train to get back.... w*****s throwing bangers around and exploding under kids feet. Pubs put prices up, it takes ages to get anywhere near a bar and get served. You cant even drink on the street so I hear?

Those that are going, enjoy it!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Glad all the usual old gits can't be arsed. Last year was a fuckin' good night (splitting up with my missus aside), had a barrel of Harveys (served in five minutes in every pub off the high street) and was back in Brighty by midnight. Bring it on.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Did Lewes last year had a great time and no problems getting back as London bound train queue is much smaller than Brighton and other East Sussex railines, but worried about this years event. So I am going to Lindfield easier to get to for me and out and catch up with some old school friends!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here