Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Hot Weather

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Don't remember exacts, but definitely Egypt - dry heat, instate Greenville, South Carolina at any time and day during high summer - 100% humidity, and something approaching 50 degrees on my balcony once when I was in Benalmadena (see below).

benalmadena-temp.jpg

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
What I don't get about the whole slightly hot weather + British people conundrum is why nobody thinks to buy an electric fan, or god forbid an air conditioner. Ok, air cons are expensive but you can buy a pair of chunky standing fans for 27 quid for 2 on Amazon....

https://tinyurl.com/yyrygzbf

That's 14 quid per fan. Which costs less than 3 pints in a Brighton pub.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What I don't get about the whole slightly hot weather + British people conundrum is why nobody thinks to buy an electric fan, or god forbid an air conditioner. Ok, air cons are expensive but you can buy a pair of chunky standing fans for 27 quid for 2 on Amazon....

But it only happens once in a blue moon, people shouldn’t have to weigh out of their benefits for that, the government should provide them...............

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

......and have them cluttering up the house/loft for the 363 days a year they’re not needed.......

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes official temps if the sun is on the thermometer it isnt accurate.

Whether under the sun or the shade that was the heat. If you feel the need to downgrade it, that is your prerogative. I am the only person to show a temp and you are the only person to question it. Heat is heat, whatever, do you get it?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Whether under the sun or the shade that was the heat. If you feel the need to downgrade it, that is your prerogative. I am the only person to show a temp and you are the only person to question it. Heat is heat, whatever, do you get it?

I'm no sure if you're 'whooshing' here, or not but..... We take temperature readings in the shade, that's how we find the 'average' temperature, by putting the thermometer in direct sunlight, you're accumulating heat, like a greenhouse, and therefore not giving a correct reading. So, the record temperature in Cambridge last week at 38.7 was in the shade, that's why when people add 'in the shade' to their temperature readings, it's completely meaningless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here