Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Honey Badger.. sadly overhyped ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well its goodbye to the Care Bear with a few dental problems, I believe his supporters made a little too much of its abilities and swayed the public vote against it.
A salient point is that "you can fool some of the people, some of the time......"

For reference see, Jensen Button, Joe Bugner, Leon Knight, Sven Goran Ericsson....

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not over-hyped, just overlooked by most due to their failure to grasp the criteria for the hardest animal POUND FOR POUND.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think that it should be a one man,one vote, poll and as such the sad loser Honey Bear fans who have spunked theirs should be unable to vote again !

Especially as they are obviously going to try spoiling tactics against the mighty Hippo !:clap:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that it should be a one man,one vote, poll and as such the sad loser Honey Bear fans who have spunked theirs should be unable to vote again !

Especially as they are obviously going to try spoiling tactics against the mighty Hippo !:clap:

Hello... hello... we are the hippo boys and if you are a crocadile fan surrender or you`ll die.................................

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not over-hyped, just overlooked by most due to their failure to grasp the criteria for the hardest animal POUND FOR POUND.

Its not pound for pound though is it or else the ant would win hands down every time.
Strong, vicious and if in any sort of trouble they will vomit over you.

Oct 25, 2003
The mosquito has killed more people than anything.

Does that not make it the HARDEST?

no- it only kills people via a disease that it carries

like saying an AIDS victim is hard

if it was JUST done on pound for pound hardness, then the ANT should've won, but i don't think it should be JUST be a pound for pound contest, as you HAVE to take into account the brute FORCE of something like a bear

whilst pound for pound should be taken into account, it shouldn't be the be all and end all

'IMO'

Jul 20, 2003
My GOD I wish I'd been on hear a few days ago to support the mighty ratel

This beastie was featured on the "Deadly 60" show on Cbbc this morning where it got maximum rating in all categories - I think this officially makes it "Well Hard". It was shown in action seeing of a Leopard and also giving a venomous snake a good seeing to.

However I believe that this creature has an image problem. The name doesn't conjure up the image of a ruthless killing machine and the Cbbc presenter said that no creature should dare to come between one and it's favourite food - Honey. The latter doesn't really conjure up an image of hardness (Winnie the Pooh likes honey), surely it should be something like Cobra's gizzards or Lion's spleen on which it thrives.

I would like to launch a makeover campaign for this creature. Starting with the name - how about "Oatway's Badger"?

Any other suggestions for name and diet?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Monkeys and honey badger escape Olomouc zoo
ČTK | 10 September 2010
Olomouc, North Moravia, Sept 9 (CTK) - The Olomouc zoo still misses two male Japanese Macaques that have been on escape for more than two months, resisting all attempts by the attendants to catch them, zoo spokeswoman Hana Labska told CTK, adding that animal escapes are nothing unprecedented not only in Olomouc.

The zoo in Prague announced the escape of a female honey badger earlier this week.

Eeeeeek......!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here