Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Greenshirts of the Boiler Police

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stirring speech from HRH Prince Charles :bowdown: telling the world now is time to act, recovering from tripping on the stairs as he stepped up to the podium.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Just checked the control panel and it tells you the consumed energy.

August 98kwh (all of that must be for hot water)
September 103kwh
October 86kwh so far so on course for 140kwh

That's a victorian 3 bed semi, retrofit cavity insulation, 150mm loft insulation, solid floors. We're south facing with some big windows to the main room which makes quite a big difference on a cold but sunny day.

Heat pump update.

Consumed electricity in October was actually 155kwh, November is 279kwh so rough cost is £70 for the last month on the current tariff.

It's 1 degree outside and the rads and UFH are a decent temperature, they did take about an hour to heat up this morning though. House is a toasty 20 degrees and I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt :cool:

It's working very well at current temperatures so I can't see it dropping off a cliff if the temperature drops a bit. The only negative is that I don't run it at night because of the noise, it goes off at 2030 and the house lost 3 degrees overnight so was 18 when I woke up. Heating goes back on at 0800 and runs all day.

boik

Heat pump update.

Consumed electricity in October was actually 155kwh, November is 279kwh so rough cost is £70 for the last month on the current tariff.

It's 1 degree outside and the rads and UFH are a decent temperature, they did take about an hour to heat up this morning though. House is a toasty 20 degrees and I'm wearing shorts and t-shirt :cool:

It's working very well at current temperatures so I can't see it dropping off a cliff if the temperature drops a bit. The only negative is that I don't run it at night because of the noise, it goes off at 2030 and the house lost 3 degrees overnight so was 18 when I woke up. Heating goes back on at 0800 and runs all day.

Blimey. Our C/H is set for 18 during the day and 14 at night. We do boost it up to 20 when we have grandchildren visiting though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here