Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The green, green grass of HOME

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
(completely undoctored screenshot of the webcam - unlike some recently!)

LOOKING SO GOOD!!!

Attachments

• ScreenShot015.jpg
    ScreenShot015.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 756

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Put the bloody sprinklers on-it's looking parched!

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Just one very small comment - I know the stadium's brilliant etc. etc., but there's still quite a gap from the stands to the pitch? Is that picky? It's not going to be a ground where you are on top of the pitch...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
there's still quite a gap from the stands to the pitch? Is that picky? It's not going to be a ground where you are on top of the pitch...
We need to see where the lines are. With advertising boardings and run off, I doubt there'll be much room.

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
I would guess you are not allowed to build the stands as close to the pitch as you used to.
(I don't actually know but that is my guess)

UEFA regs, I think. Hence why a lot of bigger clubs in Europe still at their old grounds have to cordon off the first few rows of seats. Silly, but at least with a new ground it's something you avoid.

Just an observation... that stand on the left behind the goal looks reeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting... is that going to be the Albion kop?

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
UEFA regs, I think. Hence why a lot of bigger clubs in Europe still at their old grounds have to cordon off the first few rows of seats. Silly, but at least with a new ground it's something you avoid.

Just an observation... that stand on the left behind the goal looks reeeeeeeeeeeeally interesting... is that going to be the Albion kop?

thats the away end. other side will be the place to be :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
[yt]bMzD_jGqp1Q[/yt]

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just had another look at the webcam - the difference between Friday night and tonight is amazing. The grass of champions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Did anyone see the footage on soccer saturday yesterday where they highlighted the first blade of grass?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If there are any doubters, Look at the Plymouth Argyle Website, they relaid their pitch last summer on the same principle as ours and starting much later in the year.. This was originally posted by GOM to whom thanks, the whole thing is amazing.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
We need to see where the lines are. With advertising boardings and run off, I doubt there'll be much room.

I'm presuming the back of the net would be where the grass starts, in which case, there is quite a gap. Answered if it is the UEFA regs, but a shame for the atmosphere. Not that I'm complaining, mind! (well, just a bit...)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here