Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The greatest transfer window in the club's history

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Stop calling Greenwood a rapist. Legally he isn’t.

I quoted the post to get the poster’s attention. Not for you to pedant over.
It is a bit confusing to be fair, because reading it now with that bit (presumably and quite understandably removed) it's not apparent what it is you objected to.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
And all due to…

IMG_2270.jpeg

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Summer 2012 was fairly exciting relative to our Championship status - Bruno, Bridge, Orlandi, Spanish Dave etc.
That was pretty mental, not only had we signed players from Man U, Valencia etc. We'd actually heard of Bridge and Kuschak. It felt like we'd bought the massive upgrade for so many positions to play tappy tappy football at the next level. Still not as crazy as this summer though.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Oh ok, fair enough.

I'm reading the site and can only go on what I see. If Guinness post was relating to things he wasn't quoting, it could be better to say that, so it's not misinterpreted. I wouldn't want something libellous posted here either. But I also don't want us to have to pretend Mason is anything other than a ****.
The '...signed a Mason Greenwood...' bit, plus the note to say it was edited by a moderator made it pretty clear to me what was there before.

Back to the OP, this current transfer window could be season-defining.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I thought he wanted older players. Most of our signings have been quite young.
i think he wanted established players, who were likely to come straight into the first team.
The likes of Weiffer, Kadioglu, O'riley and probably Rutter, would have pleased him

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It might be the greatest.

The only comparable one I remember is under Micky Adams where we signed Rogers, Watson, (Lee)Steele, Jones, Kuipers, Carpenter, and Zamora and others.

That was a period of time we didn’t sign Zamora in that transfer window and Steele was after. I think Jones was too.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
While not the same, given that you could buy and sell players during the season, until the last few weeks or so, but in 1977/8 we signed

Teddy Maybank
Mark Lawrenson
Peter Sayer
Gary Williams
Graham Moseley
Eric Potts
Peter Ruggiero
Paul Clark

Not bad
That was a great list ... but it was John Ruggiero, not Peter

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I didn't. Stop saying I did, I didn't. Stop accusing me of something I haven't done. That's libel.

I didn't say he was :shrug:

You didn't quote the whole post, you removed the post they must have originally made. If what you had to say was private between you and one poster, then perhaps send them a PM, rather than post on an open forum for us to all read. Reading your post it looked like you were saying we're not allowed to criticise Mason for any reason, or to criticise RDZ. It's quite reasonable for forum members to question that, and I wasn't being pedantic.

Now another poster has said that you must have been referring to something that was no longer on the forum. It's not my fault that your post was confusing.
Blimey mate, I never said you did.

It was @Whoislloydy whise post I edited. For some reason you asked for clarification.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
It is a bit confusing to be fair, because reading it now with that bit (presumably and quite understandably removed) it's not apparent what it is you objected to.
Fair enough. I’d rather have a comment removed and some confusion than one of our users in trouble over someone like Greenwood.

Ultimately there was no need for anyone else to comment or join in. If in doubt in the future PM me 👍

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
I've seen a few people on here and on Reddit (or perhaps the same person in both places) claiming, very specifically, that Roberto De Zerbi wanted to sign Greenwood for Brighton.

When I ask for evidence of that, they don't respond.

Nothing remotely like this was ever reported or even rumoured while RDZ was in charge of Brighton. As far as I can tell, it's a complete fabrication some twat has made up.

I really wish people wouldn't post their coked-up fever dreams as fact.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Blimey mate, I never said you did.

It was @Whoislloydy whise post I edited.

Oh yes I see. You posted "Stop calling Greenwood a rapist. Legally he isn’t" to me and that confused me. I realise you were just answering my 'stop what' question.

For some reason you asked for clarification.

As a mod you were telling a user not to post things and whatever rule you were trying to convey to them obviously applies to the rest of us too. It makes sense that we know the rules, and it looked to most of us that he hadn't posted anything wrong - simply because anything wrong had already been removed. I had no idea at the time you had edited their post.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Oh yes I see. You posted "Stop calling Greenwood a rapist. Legally he isn’t" to me and that confused me. I realise you were just answering my 'stop what' question.

As a mod you were telling a user not to post things and whatever rule you were trying to convey to them obviously applies to the rest of us too. It makes sense that we know the rules, and it looked to most of us that he hadn't posted anything wrong - simply because anything wrong had already been removed. I had no idea at the time you had edited their post.
No worries. It should say “last edited by a moderator” on but it’s not that obvious. Like I said to Sid, always happy to clarify over a PM. Apologies for the confusion.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
i think he wanted established players, who were likely to come straight into the first team.
The likes of Weiffer, Kadioglu, O'riley and probably Rutter, would have pleased him
Given that when he left there was talk of different approaches (I think that’s how RDZ described it), either RDZ wasn’t happy with our summer plans or Tony Bloom didn’t share them with RDZ as he wanted rid of him. I guess we’ll never know for sure. Unless TB writes an autobiography - which would be fascinating but I can’t see it happening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here