Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The greatest footballer that you ever saw play live

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Maradona. My brother lives in Bologna, so I have seen them play from time to time over the years. He came on at half time for Napoli and inspired them to a 4-2 win in the Italian Cup. He scored twice, and created the other - I think it was 1-1 at half time.

He was incredible to watch, I'll never forget it.

Very jealous, for me the greatest of all. Interesting autobiography as well.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peter Lorimer, playing for Leeds against the scum at shitehole park, springs to mind. Stunning strike with top spin left Jackson faffing (albeit no goal). Terry Cooper on the wing for Leeds down at the Dell. And Bremner and Giles playing for Leeds in a 1-3 defeat at Stamford Bridge in 1970. Yes, Alf, Back then I was a dirty Leeds follower :lolol:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Easy to answer this one. Ian Rush.

Watched him play against us at the Goldstone, just so sharp in front of goal. It made me realise how he had scored so many goals in the top division, such quick reflexes and fast movements. Incredible really.

No one that I've seen live has impressed me as much as he did.

He's the one that sprang to my mind - the 2-2 at Anfield. Everything he did was whippet-quick, stood out a mile that day. Second only to Crumplin...

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Jim Baxter was pretty good !

who even sat on the ball and they couldn't get the ball off him, Scotland V England at Hampden Park in 1963/1964 (the year after England tonked Scotland 9-3)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Best player I've ever seen grace a football pitch with speed, skill and agility is without a doubt Ryan Giggs an absolute freak of nature to be that gifted.
Such a shame he chose Wales over England and never got the chance to shine on the world stage.
Bloody brilliant footballer, it will be a long long time before Britain sees another born and bred player as good as him again.
The one before him would have been Georgie Best.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Best player I've ever seen live is difficult to say. Probably Scholes, the most underrated English player of all time. Had he been Brazillian, he would have been looked at as a genuine great.

If you phrase the question slightly differently and say "Which player have you seen that has looked better than anyone else on a football pitch?" then the answer is easy- Vicente. It was at a lower level but he was in a different league to anyone else on the same pitch as him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here