Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
This is true, unfortunately... but we are well within our rights to enforce the terms Vicente signed up to, i.e. not throw money down the drain if he choses to leave... thank goodness some on here don't look after the club's finances...

Couldnt agree more!!!!

But thinking he owes us any LOYALTY in respect of getting him fit is total bollox.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
This whole fiasco tells me more about most of the thoughts of the supporters who speak than it does of the mentality of Vicente. It says how we cannot for a second live with uncertainty. Left with little but our own senses our hopes will quickly wither and the all the world's movements are laced with betrayal. Flowers bloom with a poisonous pollen that chokes us so triffids'll have their day, and lollipop ladies in their deep luminous pockets have lists of the tastiest-looking children they'll nab and bake. We need a deity or prime minister with a heart or a newly-knitted character from Sesame Street that we "get" to emerge and tell us that everything will be ok, or that even it isn't that most things will remain and that life itself we should never feel ought be completely perfect, broken-hearted when it isn't. We're best not to rush to conclusions and believe them, i think. A more polished and reasonable time is spent with little more than a flash of concern rather than a doom-laden repetition of the thought horrors that just might be.
We're not pure good and he's not pure evil. I hope everything works out for everybody, all parties ending or rebeginning it all with a warm hug and a multicultural peck on each cheek.

Thats the closest i have ever seen you wright sense and strangely i agree with you. People do not work well under uncertainty, people calm when a leader is found and gives them direction.

Not sure if i agree with the lollipop ladies bit tho'....

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Get relevant!! you made the point of saying Vicente owes the club for getting him fit!! I said he doesnt!!

Where did this come from.........

Read your posts.

Look, get your head out of Vicente's bum cheeks, will you... he owes us... and, yes, we were more than patient, and invested good money in his fitness. He played, what, a third of the season, getting paid for sitting on his ar$e for two thirds of it (caused a LOT of tension between Tony and Gus before he found fitness BTW)... we stuck by him, we showed faith in him, we invested in him, he owes us... on top of that, HE SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT HE (AND PRESUMABLY HIS MISSUS) KNEW COULD BE EXTENDED TO 2 YEARS... so, we are owed compensation if he choses to leave... stop being niave, seriously, just stop it... if you can't understand that, then, well, you are a lost cause...

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It would be nice to think he would repay the faith Gus et al showed in him, but I understand he may prefer to return to Spain for family reasons... that's fine, if he and/or the Spanish club are willing to compensate us financially... that is fair all round IMHO...

100% correct, but I think every fan thinks that and agrees the club need to protect its interests.........

it just seems interwined with that, are heated opposing opinions based on nothing more than hearsay, conjecture and peoples own slant on what they perceive are the true motives or series of events, even though none of us know.

is he simply a greedy unloyal bastard?, or a father putting his Mrs and kid first?,

should his personal life, wifes feelings and changing circumstance come second to honouring a contract with his employer?

should he have had the foresight to avoid having sex with his Mrs to avoid the chance of her getting pregnant so to avoid this contract scenario and upsetting fans of his employer?

nowt as fickle as us footie fans thats for sure, we all expect Vicente should see things from our perspective as fans of Brighton, but do we see them from his as a married non English speaking Valencian, with a new born baby.

sort out fare compo for Brighton, shake hands, thank the best player who ever wore our colours with understanding of his personal circumstance and move on with decorum

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Couldnt agree more!!!!

But thinking he owes us any LOYALTY in respect of getting him fit is total bollox.

I beg to differ on the fitness thing, but then I would like to think that if, say, I was unable to work for 6 months, due to serious illness or injury, that my employer showed patience, and waited for my return, then I would show that employer loyalty when I did return... and that's regadless of any previous illnesses I had sufferred / they were aware of at the time of my being hired... maybe you would just fcuk off at the erliest allegedly better offer tho!?

Seriously... OK, we are owed compensation for the loss of his services if he leaves... compensation = money... OK?

I beg your pardon, I thought you meant it was all about the money from Vicente's point of view.

Re the compensation, I'll spell it out nice and clearly for you: That. Is. Why. The. Club. Invoked. The. Second. Year. Clause. If. Vicente. Leaves. We. Will. Not. Be. Out. Of. Pocket.

Seriously, have any of the people bleating on about losing money actually read the first post of this thread?

6. The club have taken the contract extension to protect the Albion's interests. It is hoped that a deal can be done with Vicente, and we all get to enjoy him next season. But, if he chooses not to return, the club will get some decent compensation for all the work put in.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Look, get your head out of Vicente's bum cheeks, will you... he owes us... and, yes, we were more than patient, and invested good money in his fitness. He played, what, a third of the season, getting paid for sitting on his ar$e for two thirds of it (caused a LOT of tension between Tony and Gus before he found fitness BTW)... we stuck by him, we showed faith in him, we invested in him, he owes us... on top of that, HE SIGNED A CONTRACT THAT HE (AND PRESUMABLY HIS MISSUS) KNEW COULD BE EXTENDED TO 2 YEARS... so, we are owed compensation if he choses to leave... stop being niave, seriously, just stop it... if you can't understand that, then, well, you are a lost cause...

Yes we did, you are correct, but we knew he had injury probs BEFORE we signed him. WE took the risk!! Can you not see this? He owes us nothing, personally in the way of loyalty, because we gambled on his fitnees and it backfired somewhat.
Taking the extra year on his contract was a sensible move of course, im not disagreeing with that. you dont seem to understand what im saying.

I agree we should try and cash in on him 100%, im not disagreeing with that at all.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I beg your pardon, I thought you meant it was all about the money from Vicente's point of view.

Re the compensation, I'll spell it out nice and clearly for you: That. Is. Why. The. Club. Invoked. The. Second. Year. Clause. If. Vicente. Leaves. We. Will. Not. Be. Out. Of. Pocket.

Seriously, have any of the people bleating on about losing money actually read the first line of this thread?

I think they have, but...

Elche seem to think they can get him on a free...

Vicente's Agent and Vicente are allegedly annoyed that we invoked the extension, i.e. they seem to think they should just be able to walk!

I know the above is just in the press, but that is what we have to go on at the moment...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I beg to differ on the fitness thing, but then I would like to think that if, say, I was unable to work for 6 months, due to serious illness or injury, that my employer showed patience, and waited for my return, then I would show that employer loyalty when I did return... and that's regadless of any previous illnesses I had sufferred / they were aware of at the time of my being hired... maybe you would just fcuk off at the erliest allegedly better offer tho!?

Had your employer known of any previous serious illness or injuries you probably wouldnt have been hired in the first place!!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What kind of shit father wouldn't go home to be with his new born child?

Meaning his Mrs can be here, what happens to other overseas players. I just don't buy the sympathy thing, as I said he's a professional and under contract. Don't want to be bound by a contract then don't sign it. Not rocket science :smile:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes we did, you are correct, but we knew he had injury probs BEFORE we signed him. WE took the risk!! Can you not see this? He owes us nothing, personally in the way of loyalty, because we gambled on his fitnees and it backfired somewhat.
Taking the extra year on his contract was a sensible move of course, im not disagreeing with that. you dont seem to understand what im saying.

I agree we should try and cash in on him 100%, im not disagreeing with that at all.

I would be interested in what you would do in the scenario I created in my separate post (long-term illness)... in that scenario, would you leave? If so, that explains why our opinions differ...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
had your employer known of any previous serious illness or injuries you probably wouldnt have been hired in the first place!!

<< swerve! >>

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011

Vicente's Agent and Vicente are allegedly annoyed that we invoked the extension, i.e. they seem to think they should just be able to walk!

I know the above is just in the press, but that is what we have to go on at the moment...

I was under the impression Gus left the option open for vicente to do just that if he decided he didnt want to stay for another year. Or did i get that wrong too?

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

That is why you are sounding like a muppet.
IT IS ALL IN THE PRESS, and you are believing it as if it was gospel

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was under the impression Gus left the option open for vicente to do just that if he decided he didnt want to stay for another year. Or did i get that wrong too?

Gus SAID he wouldn't enforce the extension (big mistake IMHO, as I've already said)... the written contract supoercedes any verbal in the press...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hardly a swerve is it! Get realistic!

Believe me, it IS realistic... and it is a SWERVE by you... you are avoiding answering because you KNOW it will paint you and Vicente in a bad light...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That is why you are sounding like a muppet.
IT IS ALL IN THE PRESS, and you are believing it as if it was gospel

Only a muppett in your eyes, others say they agree... if you know more, do tell?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here