Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
The way I see it, Vicente was happy to join the club in the first place and sign the deal he did. Maybe he thought he would not get back to fitness himself. So now he is fit and playing again he suddenly wants out. I say f*** him, make him come back and train and if he doesn't then fine him, if he is a bad influence around the other players then make him train with the kids...Either way these f***ing pre madonna over paid wankers are what has ruined football. No player is bigger than this football club..If he doesn't want to play for Brighton and Hove Albion then I couldn't give a shit about him tbh, but I don't like anyone f***ing us over.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Is it just me that wants Italy to beat Spain a little more now?

I mean if Spain win wouldn't it make his family a little more homesick?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
The way I see it, Vicente was happy to join the club in the first place and sign the deal he did. Maybe he thought he would not get back to fitness himself. So now he is fit and playing again he suddenly wants out. I say f*** him, make him come back and train and if he doesn't then fine him, if he is a bad influence around the other players then make him train with the kids...Either way these f***ing pre madonna over paid wankers are what has ruined football. No player is bigger than this football club..If he doesn't want to play for Brighton and Hove Albion then I couldn't give a shit about him tbh, but I don't like anyone f***ing us over.
I like this attitude a lot,.... there are too many on here who say either the club is at fault somehow, or Vicente deserves some sort of latitude..... oooo diddums!... we the supporters are who pay the wages really, "stop taking us for granted amigo.... you are in a contract, either honour it, or get some other mugs to fling some dosh our way to pay off your remaining year that you bloody owe us"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Precisely, people know absolutely feck all what's going on in his life and in the ongoing negotiations. But judging by a large amount posts on here you would have thought that he had appeared in a press conference and in pigeon English
" I refuse to play with you siiiiily Brigton nincumpoops. I fart in the general direction of your slanty roofed annexed community stadium. You and your poopy English weather make me vomit up my paella. But I have last laugh you piss teeth Brigton Nancy boys. You got me fitness and football bravery back and I go back to Elche bolthole never to return. Tony Bloom is a hamster and Gus Poyet smells of blueberrys. Now release me from my contract or I shall taunt you a second time"

What a load of rubbish.

He clearly said elderberries, not blueberries.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I feel some of the man love ebbing away. Shame.

Why is it a shame?..Lets get some perspective here, he was injured for 3/4 of the season, no doubt getting paid for it. Came back in for the last dozen or so games where we slipped from 4th to 11th in that time and all Poyet said was IF he had been fit all season we would have had 12 more points..Based on what???, certainly not the last 12 games...We have got him fit and now he wants to drop us in the shit and hold the club to ransom, there is certainly no man love coming from this direction. Players like Vicente end up getting managers the sack and clubs relegated. Not to mention the fans who just pay more and more and more, just so people like him can shaft everyone.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Was it a case of fitness? Everything I read seemed to suggest it was more of a problem of mind than a real injury. You can't keep a player that does not want to play for you, He's a good player but in this division he's not the best player and I personally wouldn't rate him in the Prem.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Blimey talk about hang the guy. Do you or anyone really know what is happening right now? Then to start guessing that if we hold him to a contract that the guy will sulk etc.................well, it takes my breath away.

We do not know whether Vicente wants to remain in Spain, or whether he is ok about remaining at the Albion but wants a better contract. To be honest I can see why he wants to remain in Spain. If thats his wish, then as long as some compo is forthcoming then I will say adios and thank him for one of the best displays I have ever seen in an Albion. That night against Reading was about 250 Doug Loft dislays.

If he is looking to sign a better contract, then thats negotiations between him and the Albion. I would also expect him to be professional about this.

I would only play hard ball if say Reading were involved.

The only person I think hasn't been professional about this (so far) is Gus. Becuase it was widely mentioned by Gus that the club would not hold him to the 2nd year. If the player accepted that then I can understand why he is upset (if indeed he is).

Maybe the club should have a word with Gus. It isn't the only time that he has been unprofessional at this club.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Was it a case of fitness? Everything I read seemed to suggest it was more of a problem of mind than a real injury. You can't keep a player that does not want to play for you, He's a good player but in this division he's not the best player and I personally wouldn't rate him in the Prem.

Funny how he wanted to play for us all the time he couldn't and now he can he doesn't want to.....In my book that makes him just another football mercenary.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Blimey talk about hang the guy. Do you or anyone really know what is happening right now? Then to start guessing that if we hold him to a contract that the guy will sulk etc.................well, it takes my breath away.

We do not know whether Vicente wants to remain in Spain, or whether he is ok about remaining at the Albion but wants a better contract. To be honest I can see why he wants to remain in Spain. If thats his wish, then as long as some compo is forthcoming then I will say adios and thank him for one of the best displays I have ever seen in an Albion. That night against Reading was about 250 Doug Loft dislays.

If he is looking to sign a better contract, then thats negotiations between him and the Albion. I would also expect him to be professional about this.

I would only play hard ball if say Reading were involved.

The only person I think hasn't been professional about this (so far) is Gus. Becuase it was widely mentioned by Gus that the club would not hold him to the 2nd year. If the player accepted that then I can understand why he is upset (if indeed he is).

Maybe the club should have a word with Gus. It isn't the only time that he has been unprofessional at this club.

Quite frankly, Gus should stick to managing the team and not get involved in the business side of things. That's what other people are paid to do, Gus had no place making promises to players about contracts or whatever.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
f*** him if he dontwantto come backI dont know how his pay was worked out but if its pay as you play then get him back and leave him to rot He came here when no other club wanted him took him a age to get over his mental illness ( with a lot of help from the club ) And this is the thanks we get He only playeda handful of games anyway

macky

Dec 28, 2004
way i see it he signed the two years if he werent fit now he would porobably try to stay

Feb 14, 2010
way i see it he signed the two years if he werent fit now he would porobably try to stay

Spot on. If Vicente wishes to break an already agreed contract then he or someone on behalf of him will have to offer money and the Albion will have to want to accept that money. Otherwise he signed on the dotted line and that is the end of it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Players come and players go.

This phenomenon is known as, "football".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
A lot of people here seem very quick to castigate Vicente without knowing the full story.

Ironic that loyalty is so often demanded of players and managers, yet so quick to be withdrawn by so-called fans without being in posession of the full facts of the case.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This is getting tiresome but I reckon that Mr V made a commitment to the club that he would come back for another year. I reckon it was a verbal commitment but a full hearted intentional commitment. However now he has the option to remain not only in his home country but his home region and that would be a difficult thing for anyone to turn their back on. Also in the twighlight of his career I am sure he would love to remain in the place he has been for the last 12 yrs. The fact that the commitment has turned out to be worthless then thats why the club have gone back on their commitment not to extend.

What we should have done was got his signature at the end of last season and not wait until he is almost out of contract.

Whatever you decide Mr V, thank you and all the best. Some you win some you lose.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I feel we now need to know Vicente's motivation before slagging him off... we don't even know that he wants out for sure, although the signs from the Spanish press are definitely not good... might be contract negotiation posturing? Assuming he now wants to play in Spain, then that is pretty sh1tty IMHO, especially after what our club has done for him... still, you have to factor in the new baby, missus, etc.

Anyway, assuming he wants to go, then we get money in compensation for the loss of his services, or he ain't going nowhere... HE SIGNED THE CONTACT... the rest is BS...

Feb 14, 2010
A lot of people here seem very quick to castigate Vicente without knowing the full story.

Ironic that loyalty is so quick to demanded of players and managers, yet slow to be given by so-called fans without being in posession of the full facts of the case.

I dont expect loyalty just for players to do what everyone else does in the commercial world. Abide by a contract or else come to another commercial arrangement if needed. Loyalty is irrelevant, it is the contracts he agreed that is relevant, and Im sure that he is bright enough to understand, that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here