Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great St James' Street cash machine CRISIS

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Northstander said:
How about getting money out on your way to work?

What about if you need money at lunchtime?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I still call going up to London heading into town. I don't mean it in a derogatory way, I like the fact that our beloved Brighton has been recognised with city status, but at the end of the day it's been a town for far more of my life than it's ever been a city.

In a way it's like refusing to call the Palace Pier anything other than the name it has held for 100 odd years.

Out of interest, where do you guys work Danny S and Downloaded Penguin?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
To clarify, there are no cash machines between my house and my place of work. It involves a detour to St James' Street in order to make a cash withdrawal and being as I have to make it into work for 8am each day, the less time it takes me the better.

Detouring in the am for some moolah would probably involve altering my waking up time by a good ten minutes at least, and that my friends, is not an option

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Bluejuice said:
To clarify, there are no cash machines between my house and my place of work. It involves a detour to St James' Street in order to make a cash withdrawal and being as I have to make it into work for 8am each day, the less time it takes me the better.

Detouring in the am for some moolah would probably involve altering my waking up time by a good ten minutes at least, and that my friends, is not an option
How about taking money out after work, by heading into the CITY centre? Therefore you don't need to get up earlier, and you will have money for the following day.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
City centre?

At 3:30pm?

It's full of f***ing people

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Bluejuice said:

In a way it's like refusing to call the Palace Pier anything other than the name it has held for 100 odd years.

Hooray. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like that. Thought I was Mr no-mates on this one.

Its not a case of consciously refusing though. Its just instinctively what I call it; and have doen since age of 6-7 in 1960s when I didn't know Palarse existed as a football team. Won't ever change what i call it neither.

D

Deleted User X18H

Tesco's Dyke Road the only place to get cash in Brighton

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Woodchip said:
How about taking money out after work, by heading into the CITY centre? Therefore you don't need to get up earlier, and you will have money for the following day.

How about the Abbey FU*KING National putting some FU*KING money in the bloody ATM?

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Gwylan said:
I don't think I've ever had to queue for a cash machine in Brighton.

There are loads of them on London Road and they're nearly always free.

Why don't you just take more money out each time, save you going back?

I think alot of people work on the basis, the more i take out, the more i will probably spend ?

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Find a pub that takes cards then. Drink until all the tourists have f***ed off, pub crawl your way to a working cashpoint. Stumble home.

Snorted.

A very good idea in principle, but with the destinct hindrance that inevitably it will not help me in my quest to enjoy a lunchtime pint. I have a condition known as beer vs wallet syndrome whereby no matter how great the amount of money, if I head to a pub with cash in my pocket, I will eventually leave with none of it. Now if I've been drinking until the town is quieter to get my cash, I'm not going to want to stop, meaning I'll get the cash and just take it with me to the nearest bar where the cycle repeats itself and several hours later I'm in a penniless heap.

You see with a drink at lunchtime I'm able to be more strict on myself knowing I have to leave the pub at some point in order to return to work (work=money=beer). After work this goes out the window, much like all the money I take from ATM's I've had to queue for.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
:::::::::::::: UPDATE :::::::::::::::

Still no f***ing money in the Abbey machines, and a homeless guy has taken root beside them, offering the handy advice that they say they work when in fact they don't and presumably expecting some small change for his efforts. Well tough tits mate, I could have told you they were knackered, seeing as they ALWAYS ARE. Cheeky ****.

The Co-Op machine however is now back in service, and I joined a queue of 8 people in order to get at my cashmoney. This AGAIN ate into valuable drinking time and I am left with a bitter taste in my mouth (not least because that cider in the Ranelagh is dry as f***, and delicious to boot).

Someone needs to get onto Abbey about them machines that us Kemptownians rely upon. Motherfuckers better recognise

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
:::::::::::::: FURTHER UPDATE :::::::::::::::

The motherfuckers from Abbey STILL haven't repaired their machines.

It now beggars belief.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here