Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
All 3 are great films but I would have it

Shawshank Redemption 8.9
Pulp Fiction 8.6
Forrest Gump 8.4

Go on, set up a poll...best film out of those three. Tough call between Pulp Fiction and Shawshank which are still seminal films 13 years on.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Forrest Gump was a watchable bit of fluff but not brilliant at all. I think there is definately a middle ground on the film and I am setting up camp there for now.

The shawshank redemption is, imho, a vastly overrated film that doesn't stretch human emotion or characters in any way. The "surprise ending" was a huge let down and I believe it only got it's reputation from being so epic in length.

Pulp Fiction is a good film but the clever time play belies quite a dull story underneath. The set-pieces make up for this though and despite the lack of story it is very enjoyable.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Forrest Gump is ok, well made and that but nothing special.

There are some arguments for it being a bit right wing as well.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
As crocks of shite go it's a great movie - I have watched it time and again and it still raises smiles and not a little sadness.

When you watch this you wonder how on earth Tom Hanks turned from being an outstanding talent to the load of old bollocks who appears on the screen today - his last few films, starting with the Da Vinci Code have been truly abysmal

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I am just below the middle-ground with it, but i don't find it so hellish as to never singe my paws on it again. I quite like Sinise's face, so that warms me to it ever so slightly, but, in general, since the final flush of Bachelor Party, and the barking godliness of Turner & Hooch, Hanks is an unappealing and below-average actor.
I haven't learnt anything from what he shows or says, other than that he's largely emotionless and not facially bent enough to carry might.
Overall Forrest Gump is unworthy of debate, i'd say.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great Film, no question.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Watchable, but not great, wouldn't look for it to watch, but would sit through it if on the box and if nothing better was on.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Forrest Gump was a watchable bit of fluff but not brilliant at all. I think there is definately a middle ground on the film and I am setting up camp there for now.

The shawshank redemption is, imho, a vastly overrated film that doesn't stretch human emotion or characters in any way. The "surprise ending" was a huge let down and I believe it only got it's reputation from being so epic in length.

Pulp Fiction is a good film but the clever time play belies quite a dull story underneath. The set-pieces make up for this though and despite the lack of story it is very enjoyable.

The Shawshank redemption was good i thought, because i knew very little about it before i watched it, too many films nowadays are overhyped, and often gives away too much of the story or ruins the better jokes of the film.

The last film i saw and really enjoyed was the recent version of 3:10 to Yuma,
but i hadn't seen the original or knew much about it when i went to see it.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So you didn't like it then Alan ?.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
FENCE.
s'alright.

This fence seems to be getting awfully crowded for a film that allegedly has no middle ground.

I shall stake my place on it too. For me it was a bit like a visual Chinese takeaway - it was quite enjoyable whilst I was watching, but half an hour later I'd forgotten about it and was ready for something else.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok I liked it but Im afraid there will have to be room on the fence for me as well.

Pulp Fiction well if you watch it in the order that it should be...its actually a very average film. Good soundtrack tho.

Shawshank...well I saw it for the first time about 4 years ago and whilst I thought it was "rather good" I have to agree with the Nibster and say its probably got its reputation from its length...it did bang on a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here