Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The goldstone favourite

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
Rounding the corner from New Town Road into Goldstone Lane, getting the first sight of the crowds (I'm talking early 80s here) on the East Terrace and up towards the North Stand.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not exactly a 'favourite' memory, bit too ordinary for that, but always remember getting a programme from the seller on the corner by the church.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
My Dad parking in the goods yard and moaning that he had to pay.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The moment our team ran out the tunnel to the sound of GOSBTS.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Not exactly a 'favourite' memory, bit too ordinary for that, but always remember getting a programme from the seller on the corner by the church.

Yup, programme and fanzine by the church and first glimpse of the swelling crowd in the North Stand. Also the chants of "Seagulls" ringing around the railway tunnel as you walked up to the church. Even the bus depot was part of the whole matchday experience!

HAMPSHIRE DAVE

Dec 7, 2004
NR SOUTHAMPTON
The houses over looking the ground.
It gave it a something nowhere else had.
Was it me or during the games in August early September the air seemed different to any other ground.
Have not been to Blackpool so don't know if it was something to do with the sea?
HAMPSHIRE DAVE:lolol:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
That fantastic evening in May, 1977 when you beat Sheff wed 3-2 to get promotion in front of 32,000. The only time i've ever been on the Goldstone pitch.

Oh...Mervyn Day trying to be a flash !!!! in front of the north stand and getting caught in the nets...v Leeds circa 1988....never laughed so much in my life !!!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
jevs said:
That fantastic evening in May, 1977 when you beat Sheff wed 3-2 to get promotion in front of 32,000. The only time i've ever been on the Goldstone pitch.

Oh...Mervyn Day trying to be a flash !!!! in front of the north stand and getting caught in the nets...v Leeds circa 1988....never laughed so much in my life !!!

:lolol: I remember that game well, 2-2 Ian Chapman own goal off of his shin in front of the north stand and a late late John Crumplin equaliser down in the south.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Sitting on the terraces in the North Stand reading Gulls Eye before kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here