Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Glenn Murray "10 day injury" myth exploded

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Team News for Swindon Clash | Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Preview

From team news for the Swindon game:

Meanwhile Murray is targeting Saturday's trip to former club Carlisle for a possible return

So, the whole "the club don't want him cup tied" thing was a red herring. Can we stop these rumours now please?

it doesnt exactly make much difference - he can 'target' the carlisle game for a return all he wants, the proof will be in whether he takes to the field at hartlepool

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
it doesnt exactly make much difference - he can 'target' the carlisle game for a return all he wants, the proof will be in whether he takes to the field at hartlepool

True. Its just that people were hanging on to Micky's quote about the injury being "10 days" as PROOF we don't want him cup-tied.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
True. Its just that people were hanging on to Micky's quote about the injury being "10 days" as PROOF we don't want him cup-tied.

yeah, that was all a bit silly. IF murray is off, the club will know stating that he is aiming to be back for the carlisle game is likely to calm down a lot of the uproar there has been. it is impossible to know, but if he does not play in the replay at hartlepool then it will certainly add a whole lot more fuel to the fire

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Sorry but this cup tied thing is absolute bollocks. The only transfers affected with somebody being cup tied, is where somebody is going from a club playing in the champions league to another one. I severely doubt Charlton/Cardiff think they'll still be in the FA Cup much past the 3rd or 4th round. In fact, if either of them make beyond that I will send them a medal myself.

One True BHA

Sep 2, 2008
Sorry but this cup tied thing is absolute bollocks. The only transfers affected with somebody being cup tied, is where somebody is going from a club playing in the champions league to another one. I severely doubt Charlton/Cardiff think they'll still be in the FA Cup much past the 3rd or 4th round. In fact, if either of them make beyond that I will send them a medal myself.

yeah you're right. and if it did affect the transfer, we could probably take 20 squid off the deal and they'd be happy. utter fantasy this cup tied crap.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Team News for Swindon Clash | Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Preview

From team news for the Swindon game:

Meanwhile Murray is targeting Saturday's trip to former club Carlisle for a possible return

So, the whole "the club don't want him cup tied" thing was a red herring. Can we stop these rumours now please?

So what are the odds on Murray playing against his former club Carlisle, picking up an injury and ruling himself out again? ???

The second round is before the transfer window opening, so if we did make it, would be interesting to see if he gets injured in the game before Leiston/Fleetwood

Farley11

Jun 16, 2008
Mile Oak
So what are the odds on Murray playing against his former club Carlisle, picking up an injury and ruling himself out again? ???

The second round is before the transfer window opening, so if we did make it, would be interesting to see if he gets injured in the game before Leiston/Fleetwood

Micky will say its a chance to see what others can do

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ignoring the Murray business, having shelled out TEN POUNDS for a Swindon ticket, I'll be VERY dissappointed if Forster's on the bench, and Virgo is up front still.

He looked lively on Saturday, and how is he supposed to get his match fitness back on the bench FFS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here