Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Girl on Tonbridge Station

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Getting off the train at about 5pm this evening at Tonbridge and I passed a girl (perhaps 17/18) in an Albion shirt standing with a younger lad. Assume you were getting the train to the game.

Respect to you because that's a shag of a journey to Brighton and back. Sounds like you were rewarded with a good game.

Personally, I was a bad fan tonight and couldn't face the drive after a day in the smoke.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is it just me, or when a girl is in an Albion shirt, they look alot better? :bowdown:

I just need to find myself a Brighton and Hove Albion supporting queen. I have found a Queen of the Swindon fans, which is just my luck... :p

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You sure you aren't confusing Tonbridge with Tunbridge Wells? Tonbridge is a pit!

No I'm not. I've been to both - not regularly though I must admit. I have a friend who lives there and I liked it. May have been rose-tinted specs through alchoholic mists though.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
No I'm not. I've been to both - not regularly though I must admit. I have a friend who lives there and I liked it. May have been rose-tinted specs through alchoholic mists though.

Fair enough, Tonbridge has potential with the castle and the canal, but unfortunately it's close enough to Medway to be Kent pongo land so full of pound shops, Jim's cafes and that dreadful market.

Fair enough, Tonbridge has potential with the castle and the canal, but unfortunately it's close enough to Medway to be Kent pongo land so full of pound shops, Jim's cafes and that dreadful market.

I worked in Tonbridge 1991-2 and 1993-7. IMHO it is a dump apart from the Castle and Castle Grounds.

That is all I have to say on the matter.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Acutally now you mention it I do remember that market - not particularly nice. I did like the castle though, and I remember breakfast in a decent cafe. Stayed in a pub/hotel on the high street, was it Royal Crown or something similar, almost opposite the castle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here