Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'German' squad...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I really can't believe that someone English, of all people, has started a thread like this.

I don't know the German version of pot calling the kettle mucky-arse but I think that's what any German would say if he read this.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Algeria team tonight consists of ten players not born in Algeria.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

IKDRF

May 1, 2009
its worrying when the french a team is as gash as it is and we cant beat their second string[/QUOTE

and ireland beat them 3-0 and they have 13 english born players in their squad...so our 2nd string can beat them but not our first...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..for the benefit of Turkey :jester:

Amongst the 23 fine proud 'Germans' we have....

Boateng: proud holder of a GHANAIAN passport.

Khedira: holder of both TUNISIAN [and German] nationality.

Ozil: Born in Germany to TWO TURKISH parents. Holds a TURKISH passport.

Trochowski: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Klose: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Podolski: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Cacau: bona fide BRAZILIAN. [until 3 weeks ago....]

Marin: born in BOSNIA, to YUGOSLAV parents.

Gomez: holds both SPANISH and German nationality.

Tasci: born in Germany to two TURKISH parents.

Klose, is particularly good fun. When asked if he were really German, has replied that it would "be best if I were considered neither German or Polish, but 'European'". Went on to concede that Polish was the language used in the Klose home.

:thumbsup:

Funny how they havent tried to assimilate any English players into the squad. I wonder why?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
..for the benefit of Turkey :jester:

Amongst the 23 fine proud 'Germans' we have....

Boateng: proud holder of a GHANAIAN passport.

Khedira: holder of both TUNISIAN [and German] nationality.

Ozil: Born in Germany to TWO TURKISH parents. Holds a TURKISH passport.

Trochowski: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Klose: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Podolski: Born POLISH, in POLAND to POLISH parents

Cacau: bona fide BRAZILIAN. [until 3 weeks ago....]

Marin: born in BOSNIA, to YUGOSLAV parents.

Gomez: holds both SPANISH and German nationality.

Tasci: born in Germany to two TURKISH parents.

Klose, is particularly good fun. When asked if he were really German, has replied that it would "be best if I were considered neither German or Polish, but 'European'". Went on to concede that Polish was the language used in the Klose home.

:thumbsup:

Maybe this is the route England should take. I think most people are of the opinion that the England team is utter gash with no new talent in the wings, so why not improve things by dolling out a few passports to Brazilians or Argies? Maybe even Algerians as they seemed more comfortable with a football at their feet than England did.

A decade or so ago the idea of a foreign manager seemed outlandish, but given there are no home grown managers of worth it is now accepted that we look abroad for the boss. Likewise, over the past decade or so the elite English players have proved they are not up to the international task so lets get some people in who can actually do something above huffing and puffing and when this fails have no other plan other than to 'increase the tempo.'

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I can see the point being made here, but in a lot of cases these players have been in Germany for most of their lives and consider themselves German. You're on slightly dodgy ground if you say they're NOT German.

That aside, Cacau and his ilk ARE taking the piss.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
*SIGH*

11pic2.jpg

I thought Ian Bell was one of the English England cricketers?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That aside, Cacau and his ilk ARE taking the piss.

If you cannot beat them (which we cant) then join them I say. Let's dish some passports out to Brazilians ourselves.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I can see the point being made here, but in a lot of cases these players have been in Germany for most of their lives and consider themselves German. You're on slightly dodgy ground if you say they're NOT German.

Quite

I've had maybe a dozen of German HS exchange students over the last thirty years who weren't echt German, and in a passport sense, maybe only maybe.

There were 3 Turks, I Iranian, a Portugese, an Italian, and various Balkan sorts, in 3/4 of the cases born in Germany. All spoke German from birth or at most the age of three or four; most didn't speak their nominal language well, or in the case of the Turk and the Iranian, at all. (At the time I was dying to learn a little Farsi, as one of my ex-students was a Marine linguist and qualifying in Farsi). This year's winner was an Albanian, who left Kossovo at 18 months and has never been back.

German citizenship is a mare's-nest.

And then we had the 'Italian' kid -- superb mid-fielder by the way -- from the Süd-Tirol whose Italian wasn't much better than mine.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3560525 said:
I think we should start following suit.... Arteta and Charles Insomia would be good additions to our squad.

Exactly, sprinkle passports around Rio like they're confetti. We only need a a few to come up trumps. To get rid of the remainder of the Brasilians who dont make it into the England team we can train them up as innocent electricians....and the police can do the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here