• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
With a name like Ali, I'm not sure why you would find what he says objectionable

“I want to be the President of Israel. They have a self desruct button right ?”

"Israel has no right to exist'

In my view these statements cross a line.

Ali Milani himself does not defend, or seek to excuse, what he wrote in 2012.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Swinson was pretty vacuous and full of soundbites. What's new?

js1.jpg

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
The point I was trying to make about anti-semitism is not whether Corbyn is or isn't an anti-semite. We know that Labour MPs have left the party due to anti-semitic abuse that they or their colleagues have received. We know that party members and party workers have also left because of it (see Panorama and the row with Tom Watson that came after it). We have Labour MP's on TV still saying how disgraceful and sad the anti-semitism issue is within the Labour Party (see Politics Live yesterday).

It matters not whether Corbyn is or isn't anti-semitic - what matters is that under his leadership the issue has been allowed to fester and persist for far too long giving the impression that there is an issue of anti-semitism in his party. That is his failure.
Anti semitism incidents in the Labour party accounts for less than 1% of the membership.

That's less than the Tories who also have a major Islamaphobia issue to boot.

Labour membership as a percentage are also less antisemetic than the whole of the UK.

It's hardly "festering". It does exist though.

Deny it and you're accused of being part of the problem. Admit it, and you're building or adding to the perception that the Labour party is more antisemetic than A) the other parties B) more than the national average, which are lies.

So how does one get rid of the perception?

It's about time people took the red pill.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018

"Israel has no right to exist'

In my view these statements cross a line.

Ali Milani himself does not defend, or seek to excuse, what he wrote in 2012.

Depends where you are looking at it from.
From a young muslims point of view, I would imagine its what he has grown up with.
Im fairly sure a young muslim youth seeing Israeli army and police shooting handcuffed Palestinian youths will be triggered against the State I would think.

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Is that the same 'impressive' Ali Milani who has an interesting back catalogue of tweets?

“Nah u won’t mate. It’ll cost you a pound #jew.”

“your Israel is a land built on ethnic cleansing and colonialism. Oppression is something your people should know about”

“Israel has no right to exist”

3,000 deaths will not be at peace until the truth is revealed! #falseflag

— Ali Milani (@ARMilani_) April 5, 2012

It is and will forever be, until a thorough independent investigation is done, my position that the US gov. Knew of the attack in advance

— Ali Milani (@ARMilani_) April 5, 2012

https://thetab.com/uk/2017/04/10/nus-candidate-offensive-antisemitic-tweets-jews-stingy-36914

https://order-order.com/2019/07/29/meet-labours-ali-milani/

I can see why he would feel so at home in Corbyn's Labour party ..

And Ali Milani has apologised for these tweets he posted as a 17 year old.

Meanwhile, our notionally adult Prime Minister has written articles containing racist slurs, been part of a government actively pursuing the 'hostile environment' policy and participated in a Brexit campaign which deliberately played on fears of migrants and migration. Hard to see how anyone who is seriously concerned about racism and bigotry in any form could consider voting for a party led by Boris Johnson, still less for the man himself if they live in the constituency where he is standing.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Or, put another way, just how right leaning she is.

Student loans anyone?

If you are in a coalition government you win some, you lose some. When that happens your manifesto goes out the window.

Ending free Uni education was the right thing to do, why should a painter / decorator pay for a drama student's degree?

theonlymikey

Apr 21, 2016
If you are in a coalition government you win some, you lose some. When that happens your manifesto goes out the window.

Ending free Uni education was the right thing to do, why should a painter / decorator pay for a drama student's degree?

It wasn't free. It was £3k.

It's not free money, it's a loan, and it carries interest. It is paid back by the loanee for a maximum of 30 years if they earn a certain salary.

Oh and by the way, your painter and decorator must be fuming he's paying out 9k per student per year instead of the original 3k he did before.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
It's hardly "festering". It does exist though...So how does one get rid of the perception?

Can't get rid of the perception. Not in the short term. So, own it, deal with it (better than they have so far, although they have done more than most acknowledge, and for some it will never be enough) and then challenge others to deal with their problem.

It seems extraordinary to me that Johnson has got away with agreeing to hold an independent inquiry into racism and islamaphobia in the Tory party and then just quietly dropping the idea without any media fuss or pressure from within the party.

Just extraordinary. Especially as we all know why he dropped it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Free university education ended years ago.

Why should a painter / decorator pay for a drama student's degree ?

And if one those of people loses their job, why should the student (now employed) pay taxes that pay their benefits ?

There are all sorts of things that my taxes goes on that I don't benefit from.

In any case if you are higher educated you tend to

1) Get a better job and get paid more
2) Contribute thousands more taxes in than the education ever cost.

That's sort of the point of it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The wonderful bonus of the Brexit Party running candidates is the unhinged & batshit crazy plums it throws into the spotlight. Any doubts the Brexit Party process of weeding out loony tunes isn't robust has proven unfounded. They paid their hundred quid to Nige, so....

Worthing East & Shoreham have been blessed with well known conspiracy theorist, flat earther & climate change denier Richard Milton. Still, if he takes votes off Timmy Loughton he will have proven a useful idiot. The lucky electorate of South Thanet have Tim Vince standing for the Brexit Party. Timmy has many strange ideas. The Treaty of Rome and Lisbon Treaty were signed in the Temple of Zeus apparently. Who knew. Timmy really needs to look at a map sometime. I'll leave it right here....

**** me is that Tim Vince a complete weapon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Spreadsheet Phil to stand down as MP for Weybridge. Can't say I agreed with him on many things but a politician of conviction, he put everything on the line for the principle of opposing no-deal. Remaining MP's in this wrecked party should take note

[tweet]1191739875990654976[/tweet]

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Spreadsheet Phil to stand down as MP for Weybridge. Can't say I agreed with him on many things but a politician of conviction, he put everything on the line for the principle of opposing no-deal. Remaining MP's in this wrecked party should take note

[tweet]1191739875990654976[/tweet]
The rump of the Conservatives are in danger of becoming an extremist swivel-eyed mess of a party.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The rump of the Conservatives are in danger of becoming an extremist swivel-eyed mess of a party.

I think they are pretty much there, the grown ups have gradually getting thrown out. What is left is a bizarre collection of English nationalist odd balls

Mogg's comments today about Grenfell are far more representative of the party now

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swinson was pretty vacuous and full of soundbites. What's new?

View attachment 116891

Just over a month to go and we’re already at “post an unchecked meme as fact” stage*

Zuckerberg must be knocking out a joywank on an almost hourly basis.

(*unless of course you checked each one of the votes yourself and can name the involved Tories)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Just over a month to go and we’re already at “post an unchecked meme as fact” stage*

(*unless of course you checked each one of this votes yourself and can name the involved Tories)

We're already past Tories post doctored video of Kier Starmer stage.

[tweet]1191732381306277890[/tweet]

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

(*unless of course you checked each one of the votes yourself and can name the involved Tories)

What incredible insight and knowledge you have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here