• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
i was thinking legal and criminal responsibility, cant enter a contract for example. army is a interesting example, you can join with parents permission upto 18.

And cannot be sent to war zone until 18 (yes, i have google).

But nonetheless, it seems to me if we think they are responsible enough to be enlisted into the armed services surely we ought to give them a say in which government gets to decide who we go to war with?

It doesn't seem likely this time around, but i am glad it's now firmly on the agenda for future.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
it seems odd adding 16/17 year olds to the electorate when we dont deem them adults for other purposes.
Indeed. They can be trusted to make informed decisions on the future of our country, but not with a pint of beer and a cigarette. If they're going to vote (fair enough) then let them drink and smoke as well.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I'm no fan of Johnson, yet despite all of that, he's still ahead of Corbyn in the polls.

All due to the Tory press I guess?

Probably, yes - how, or from where, do people get their views about Corbyn, other than the endless propaganda and lies about him

Don't get me wrong, I actually don't think he's a very good leader, and I can't envisage him as an effective PM, but that's because I've watched and listened to him, because I'm an 'anorak' who's actually interested in politics and current affairs. .

Most people I know who slag him off, though, admit that they base their hatred of him on what they read in the Tory press; that's "he's a Commie who wants to turn Britain into Venuzuela, and take us back to the 1970s".

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
You'd better hope he doesn't make DA Chancellor of the Exchequer then or we're all in the S H I T.

Or we could have a Prime Minister who, when a very senior member of government, could not answer the most basic questions about what was in his own governments legislative agenda launched that day and just expected he could wing his way through a serious interview with a bit of posh banter:

https://youtu.be/ijavS0R3Wj8

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Take that bra off they will look similar to Widdiecombes, you'd be better off voting Brexit Party as Anne's gums beat Swinsons gnashers any day of the week.

Do you a deal you vote for who wish to and I will vote who I wish to, they call it democracy.

A hideous idea as most of those kids have been brainwashed for the past 3 years by project fear, they have yet to experience the bullshit that's about to start from the Lib undemocratics and dangerous brothers, Corbyn and McDonnell.

Corbyn already using the 'war' term with a smug like face.

I thought the vote was taken away from lunatics.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I will vote Lib Dem as I am drawn to Jo Swinsons Breasts.

They are somewhat " Pendulous ".... My eyes are always drawn to them too.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
it seems odd adding 16/17 year olds to the electorate when we dont deem them adults for other purposes.
One of two things needs to happen IMO:

Either 16/17 year olds are allowed to vote, or 16/17 year olds are made exempt from paying any form of tax.

"No taxation without representation".

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Yeah. May made the mistake of thinking Corbyn was unelectable and campaigned accordingly. Johnson won't make that mistake.

Anyway, this could well be the last GE we have as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, so enjoy it.

I think it was a disastrous social care policy they proposed that turned people, especially older, away from Tories in last election. They then quickly retracted it but it was to late to influence the result.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It’s on!!

9th December or 12th December but looks like an early Christmas present for all of us.

How are you going to vote and is your vote purely on Brexit or other issues too??

Your mum.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Since 2010;

Spectacularly missed economic targets
Half of maternity units closed at some point last year
Teaching crisis
The biggest education funding cuts in decades
Nursing crisis
Policing crisis
Armed forces crisis
The longest fall in value of wages since records began
Windrush
Private prison crisis
Private train companies defrauding the state
Private nhs providers defrauding the state
Private academies closing shop
Waiting lists for nhs services at record levels
A/E waiting times at record highs
People dying in hospital corridors
Social care crisis
Food bank useage at record high
Increase in child poverty
Homelessness at a record high
House building at lowest levels since 1920’s

That’s the legacy of the Tory government. We were supposed to ‘all be in this together’ but austerity has seen the most vulnerable in society hit hardest whilst the already wealthy have increased their wealth thanks in part due to Tory tax breaks worth billions. So Johnson can talk big about spending all he likes but, as the old chestnut goes, actions speak louder than words.

Ah, but, Corbyn wore the wrong coat to a Remembrance Ceremony, the Press don't forget or forgive things like that, besides your list above is pretty much the truth and unfortunately, we are now living in a Post-Truth Age .

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Either 16/17 year olds are allowed to vote, or 16/17 year olds are made exempt from paying any form of tax.

Does seem strange that in terms of the age of consent you're good to go at 16 but heaven forbid if you want to have a say in how your country is run.

D

Deleted member 2719

If we're changing the poll, surely the far more important change is to remove the rogue apostrophe...

If you feel that will make it a democratic vote.

As opposed to much of the working class brainwashed by The Sun, and grannies brainwashed by the Daily Mail...

You're just being silly now, Brexiteers are far to thick to read newspapers.

I thought the vote was taken away from lunatics.

You're sounding more like Lever every post. Sorry for the Insult.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

strange to bring an american idiom into it. i wonder if this should apply to unemployed, retired too?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
dfg.jpg

Get voting.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
strange to bring an american idiom into it. i wonder if this should apply to unemployed, retired too?

The idiom simply sums up my view.

It is patently unfair to expect people to pay tax while not allowing them to vote.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here