• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So if the Labour Party loudly announced that it was introducing a tax change that would see you getting a £100 bonus in your £500 pay packet every week but on investigating you discovered that they were actually going to give you £40 more whilst at the same time delaying their plan to charge you £60 extra tax you would not feel in the tiniest way a little bit misled? Even though your pay would rise to only £540?

Hard facts are unlikely to change such emotional attachment as his......

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Stick your party beliefs behind you and really look into what type of men Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell are.

They will put us and our country into danger like no other politicians have ever done.

I do wish people would stop making this election about Corbyn. It isn't, its about Boris. There are two possible outcomes of this election, a Conservative majority or a hung parliament. Corbyn, even if leading a minority government, would be unable to implement virtually all of his manifesto.

So the focus simply needs to be on Boris and his cabinet. Are they people we want leading the country for the next five years, or not. That is is the simple question in this election.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I would suggest Boris Johnson poses an infinitely greater threat if you wish to go down this road.

Suggest it if you will but the suggestion would be ridiculous. Never (even when Michael Foot led The Labour Party) has anyone so dangerous and detrimental to the safety and security of this country come as close to the levers of power as Corbyn and McDonnell.
Dislike Boris all you like, call him a buffoon, a liar and a serial adulterer, but he would never put our country at risk as Labour 2019 would if they win a week tomorrow.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I do wish people would stop making this election about Corbyn. It isn't, its about Boris. There are two possible outcomes of this election, a Conservative majority or a hung parliament. Corbyn, even if leading a minority government, would be unable to implement virtually all of his manifesto.

So the focus simply needs to be on Boris and his cabinet. Are they people we want leading the country for the next five years, or not. That is is the simple question in this election.

Let’s hope the horrible beardy little creature ****s off then after FAILING to win TWO elections.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Suggest it if you will but the suggestion would be ridiculous. Never (even when Michael Foot led The Labour Party) has anyone so dangerous and detrimental to the safety and security of this country come as close to the levers of power as Corbyn and McDonnell.
Dislike Boris all you like, call him a buffoon, a liar and a serial adulterer, but he would never put our country at risk as Labour 2019 would if they win a week tomorrow.

Here here.

Jan 30, 2008

Happy to talk and associate themselves with terrorists, wronguns in anyone's book
Regards
DF

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Vote Tory. Because why should the Government have to abide by the law anyway?

very odd thing to get any focus, the wording of a sentence. the pledge at end of the paragraph is to have a commission to look at the issues. from that people assume a constitutional overhaul, and by extension no court power over ministers? it would seem unlikely and very shortsighted for a government to substantially change oversight of government, as the other lot might be in power in a few years.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Reading the papers, and forums... its becoming clear the fear of Corbyn and Labour (for whatever reason, mostly bs) is increasing. I like it.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I'm not aware, and please correct me if I'm wrong, of Jeremy Corbyn ever arranging private meetings while serving as Foreign Secretary with ex-KGB officials away from his security detail? Only Boris Johnson has done just that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
very odd thing to get any focus, the wording of a sentence. the pledge at end of the paragraph is to have a commission to look at the issues. from that people assume a constitutional overhaul, and by extension no court power over ministers? it would seem unlikely and very shortsighted for a government to substantially change oversight of government, as the other lot might be in power in a few years.

Forgive me but I find it very hard to see how a Government which only a few weeks ago was whinging about the court finding against them and is now suggesting a commission to look into it isn't an ulterior motive in full force.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Before I do, and assembling all this, and their is a whole mass of it at various levels of complexity, from the humorous basic outline to detailed economic papers which may take some time, and I dont want to waste either of our valuable time - what would you regard as conclusive evidence that the economy/money actually works in the way I and many others suggests?

Any evidence at all would be a start because you've posted zero corroboration so far. However, if it's from your "alternative news sources" about Venezuela then I genuinely wouldn't bother. While you're at it though, would you mind explaining what you're doing on a football message board when every single one of your posts so far, bar one, has been on the political threads?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let’s hope the horrible beardy little creature ****s off then after FAILING to win TWO elections.

The left of centre is split between several parties, and will be split for a long -time. They will be in power again when they can work out how to work together. When that happens will be the best government we've had a for a long time I reckon.

In the meantime the Tories will claim their mandate with 42% of the vote

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So it's ok? What is amazing is that the lies are so blatant and people are still defending him.

It's amazing, there was footage only a couple of weeks ago of him pointing at a bank of TV cameras and journalists and saying to someone "there's no press here". And people were STILL defending him for it. How on Earth can you not look at that and at least go "yeah...he's clearly wrong there". I just don't get it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
EK79QGoW4AANeaq.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here