Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest things you've heard at the football...

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
it always surprises me when i read this on bbc.co.uk, it seems fans at every away ground i went to last year were quiet as church mice (which i am informed are very quiet) - and not one witty song between them.

the southend vs. albion 'your mascot is a racist' chant should've been in that list!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
it always surprises me when i read this on bbc.co.uk, it seems fans at every away ground i went to last year were quiet as church mice (which i am informed are very quiet) - and not one witty song between them.

the southend vs. albion 'your mascot is a racist' chant should've been in that list!

Didn't hear that one. Sounds a good 'un.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

KKK Wank wank wank

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hesitate to post this but.....

In the mid 70's in a game against a team I don't remember but the opposition had a black winger who pulled the corner flag out of the ground as he was putting the ball down to take a corner.

From the North Stand, in a very loud voice came " Oi bring your own bloody spear"

Not pc today or even then probably but it was very amusing at the time and even the player concerned smiled.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It was a few years ago now, the first season at Withdean I think. We were playing Rotherham, and their burly centre-half, Guy Branston was kicking us all over the place. Finally, when he kicked someone across the sandpit, right under our noses the fella in front of me leapt up and gave one of the most foul-mouthed, sustained rants I've heard in many a year, listing all the things wrong about this player, and just when a couple of us were starting to feel a little uncomfortable at how far he went he finished with .....

"..... and your pickle is SHIT!" and sat down. Marvellous.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It was a few years ago now, the first season at Withdean I think. We were playing Rotherham, and their burly centre-half, Guy Branston was kicking us all over the place. Finally, when he kicked someone across the sandpit, right under our noses the fella in front of me leapt up and gave one of the most foul-mouthed, sustained rants I've heard in many a year, listing all the things wrong about this player, and just when a couple of us were starting to feel a little uncomfortable at how far he went he finished with .....

"..... and your pickle is SHIT!" and sat down. Marvellous.

:lolol:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wasn' t there but I wish I had been.

Cheltenham a few years ago when a hamburger van or area he cooked on caught fire and the guy was apparently running around desperately trying to put it out.

Cue, the Albion end turning round chanting " you don't know what you're doing"

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The legendary " Will you please stay off the pitch for the lap of honour" match at Cardiff when they though they were about to get promoted...and didn't due to a late late goal

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
When we played Cardiff a couple of seasons back mid week, their PA man went to the trouble of playing every gay anthem you could possibly think of in the warm up to the game.

Was brilliant, he even managed to play "Im a Lumberjack"

Think he is called Ali, he has a reputation for playing music to make the opposition feel welcome...seem to remember him playing Dancing Queen and YMCA when I went to see us play there, went down very well as many of us joined in.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
At an away game a few years ago a very young female shouted out "You should have gone to Specsavers" in the direction of the ref...accompanied by derisive laughter from the Albion faithful.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...or, "You're just a town full of racists" at Burnley.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I hesitate to post this but.....

In the mid 70's in a game against a team I don't remember but the opposition had a black winger who pulled the corner flag out of the ground as he was putting the ball down to take a corner.

From the North Stand, in a very loud voice came " Oi bring your own bloody spear"

Not pc today or even then probably but it was very amusing at the time and even the player concerned smiled.

That is probably the LEAST funny thing ever posted on here.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Maybe not funny, but at least it shows how far we have advanced since then, do that today and you would probably suffer the same fate as the Hartlepool monkey.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That is probably the LEAST funny thing ever posted on here.

No, that would be a picture of a special needs kid in a Reading shirt in a running race that you probably found hilarious

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here