Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The funniest thing you heard at the AMEX last season?

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Also like to add the whole mysterious girl thing with noone, and when they put words up on the screen to try and make us sing along when we had corners, queue chorus of "we sing what we want, we sing what we want, we're Brighton hove Albion, we sing what we want"

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
One of my farts ripping the leather seat i was sitting on!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was sat next to some batshit crazy woman who would repeatedly refer to Nooney as Rooney, Ankergren as Anchorman and Calderon as Cauldron.

Used to make me chuckle.
Was her name Warren?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I think probably the Bristol City game, where a vocal few the back of Block G in WSU where I sit were getting fidgetty and there were some dissenting cries of "get it forward" as we patiently knocked the ball around in midfield for 15-20 passes. I wasn't the only one who shouted for the moaners to STFU, we've still got the ball, and lo and behold, switched over to the right hand side and Calderon pinged it into the stanch from 25 yards. Cue a lot of "sit down shut up" banter around the block at the idiots who'd piped up.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Not so much funniest thing I heard but funniest moment was against Ipswich. A miserable old sod a few seats down from me is vehemently anti-Barnes, to the point of lunacy. The best moment of his season of ranting and raving was just after Barnes smashed in his second against Ipswich, sending the ground nuts and all of us nearby into chants of 'Barnesy' (we all do it as a) we rate him and b) it winds up the old sod). When it had all died down there was a little voice murmuring 'still don't rate him...', sending everyone close into not so silent fits of laughter. Good times.

As for funniest thing I heard, there was a slightly unhinged woman a few rows down from me trying to incite a riot (yes, really) during the Burnley game. She was encouraging anyone nearby who happened to be on their feet to 'charge the ref'. Nuts but brilliant.

Hatman1234

Aug 24, 2011
In a crater in the sea.
It wasn't a chant but was the funniest thing I have seen for a while.

My old man scanned his ticket wrong and couldn't get in. The steward was a bit retarded and told him to go to the shop and get a replacement ticket. My old mans response was "F*ck off" got on his knees and crawled under the gate. 4 other stewards turned up and told him to crawl back to the other side and go to the shop or he wasn't getting in. I was in stitches watching him crawling around. When he got back with a new ticket, he said to the steward who wouldn't let him in "your boss is going to have a word with you, getting sacked in the morning son".

He is crazy. But isn't everyone's old man?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Some idiot said billy paynter is gonna be quality. :dunce:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
We are Bright, Super Bright.
The guy at the near the big screen wolf whistling and cheering Gully's Girls at half time as they come past us.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
I can't remember what game...tempted to say the Derby game when a bunch of lads in the WSL took off there t shirts and started waving them around; cue a bunch of the north stand singing 'Does your boyfriend know your here?'.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I can't remember what game...tempted to say the Derby game when a bunch of lads in the WSL took off there t shirts and started waving them around; cue a bunch of the north stand singing 'Does your boyfriend know your here?'.

Wasn't it the Burnley game - I remember everyone whinging it was cold yet they were having the time of their lives over there.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
To a steward who was trying to get everyone to sit down:

"You are a steward, a lonely steward,
you're only happy when we're sat down.
You wear a bright top, you look a right cock,
but please don't take my standing away"

:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here