Carragher,
Bridge,
Hargreaves
Lennon
Barry
Gerrard
Rooney
Bent

4,4,2 all in club posistions and no pricks like cashley and rio.

Why all the calls for Beckham to recalled? He takes good free kicks. Wow. I need hardly remind anyone by the time Euro 2008 comes (if we get there) he'll be playing in a league roughly equivalent to Brighton's. Lennon has blistering pace and will actually take people on. It's like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo to Dean Windass.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally agree with Chesney, I was flabbergasted at the united front from Wilkins / Hoddle / Redknapp re the Lampard / Gerrard issue.

How many matches do they have to play together for it to be clear IT DOESN'T WORK!

Not only that but Gerrard just happened, by some coincidence, to have his best match for England in years PLAYING IN THE CENTRE WITH HARGREAVES BEHIND HIM AND NO LAMPARD!

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i think

Robinson
Neville, ferdinand, terry, cole
hargreaves
lennon, gerrard, cole/barry for now
rooney, defoe/owen when fit.

Defoe is better than johnson. Barry has had a great season and would be able to cover cole if he gets forward.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
Why all the calls for Beckham to recalled? He takes good free kicks. Wow. I need hardly remind anyone by the time Euro 2008 comes (if we get there) he'll be playing in a league roughly equivalent to Brighton's. Lennon has blistering pace and will actually take people on. It's like comparing Cristiano Ronaldo to Dean Windass.

I know, its ridiculous. Totally knee-jerk reaction to our current plight. Its like saying we should re-instate Maggie Thatcher as Prime Minister because there was less violent crime under her reign....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
McLaren proved his idiot credentials by dropping Beckham without stopping to thinking how his crossing and experience would be replaced.

The fact is that without Michael Owen England's best chance of scoring is from a dead-ball situation, and there is no one in the team at present who can consistently hit accurate crosses the way Beckham can.

Hargreaves, Downing and Lennon's crossing last night against amateurs was very poor.

The midfield McLaren should have been playing since the World Cup is (L-R) Lennon, Gerrard, Hargeaves, Beckham. Yes, I know Beckham doesn't have the same pace anymore, but before he was axed he either scored or created at least half of our goals. It's no wonder we'd scored 1 in 5 matches before last night.

Little Rich

Mar 31, 2006
Chesney Christ said:
AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

What is wrong with just DROPPING LAMPARD, and playing much the same team as we had last night, with Downing dropped for JC, Barry or Bentley??!?!?!?!

Do you work for Sky TV, mate?

they can't play to together......

You can clearly see that it JUST DOESN'T WORK, whats wrong with dropping Lampard, its not like he's banging them in for england.

Its all about national form, if you start with one of them and they're not playing well then bring the other one on. Lampard's England form has been poor.

Being a manager is all about picking players that fit into your style/system of football, england have always played 4-4-2 everybody knows what they are doing.

McClaren needs to stop listening to what people say about Lampard and Gerrard playing together and face facts, they can't play together.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lampard is quite possibly one of the most over rated footballers currently in the world, he is not that good at passing and if you watch a game all he does is shoot when he gets within 20 -30 yards of goal. He is made to look good by very good players around him in the Chelsea team taking the defensive responsibilty off him and also by playing the defence splitting passes that he cannot do. Gerrard is a much better player and carried Liverpool to a Champions League

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
I totally agree with Chesney, I was flabbergasted at the united front from Wilkins / Hoddle / Redknapp re the Lampard / Gerrard issue.

How many matches do they have to play together for it to be clear IT DOESN'T WORK!

Not only that but Gerrard just happened, by some coincidence, to have his best match for England in years PLAYING IN THE CENTRE WITH HARGREAVES BEHIND HIM AND NO LAMPARD!

What do those 3 have in common tho?

Chelsea

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Then's NO chance, but when fully fit, i'd like to see..:

4-1-3-1-1

Robinson

Neville - Ferdinand - Terry - Cole (A)

Hargreaves

Beckham - Gerrard - Lennon

Rooney