Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Franchise..

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
have turned one of our most important, and possibly theirs, games of the season, into a sideshow.

"Families from around Milton Keynes will descend on stadiummk for next month's game against Brighton, as MK Dons present the first ever Citizen Family Dons Day.

Combining the thrilling League 1 action on the pitch with a whole host of free attractions in and around the ground, Saturday April 4 will be an afternoon no family in the New City should miss out on.

And with match ticket prices at £10 for Adults, £5 for Concessions and £1 for Under 16s, it's an event the whole of Milton Keynes can be part of.

As well as 90 minutes of nail-biting action as the Dons look to maintain their promotion challenge against the Seagulls (kick-off 3.00pm), the Club has teamed up with the Milton Keynes Citizen to offer some fantastic entertainment around the ground, starting from 12.00pm.

Top of the bill will be an incredible live gig featuring three highly-rated local bands, rocking out in the Marshall Rock Truck before kick-off. The music doesn't stop there either, as two young fans battle it out at half-time in a Guitar Hero challenge to be shown on stadiummk big screen.

The afternoon will also feature rival mascots limbering up for the Mascot Derby and attractions around the ground including a Red Bull racing Formula 1 chassis, dancing from local group Flaunt, face-painting, circus training and your chance to try your luck with the Goal-Don Shot. With several more attractions to be confirmed, it promises to be an unforgettable afternoon for all the family at stadiummk.

Most of the activities around the ground will be free to everyone, with tickets for the game itself on sale right up to kick-off. Just come down to stadiummk from midday and be part of the football rock 'n' roll experience."

I'm sorry if i'm just sounding like a miserable bastard, but the atmosphere at their plastic ground is bad enough as it is, without a bunch of screaming kids and whatnot.

On the upside, tickets are a tenner :) shame there isn't a pub within 2 miles of the ground to spend the difference on eh?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Whoever came up with 'stadiummk' should be SHOT.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Whoever came up with 'stadiummk' should be SHOT.

Agreed.

I have a friend that's an ex-Don and have been to a few games with him there. It's a Premiership standard ground and definitely worth a visit.
It's style over substance without a doubt though.
Padded seats, no atmosphere, and the entire left stand is for corporate.
Also, they don't allow flags, drums or air horns etc into the away end apparently.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
' 90 mins of nail biting action '

They obviously haven't watched the Albion this season !
It'll be nailbiting for the first 15 minutes as the shots rain in on our goal and keep missing. But once they've broken the deadlock, the home "fans" can go back to blowing their silly horns or playing with whatever other toy they've been given for free.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good on them.

Surely they need to be reaching out to the MK community in order to try and attract the fans of the future?

This is exactly the sort of thing I hope the Albion try IF they ever build Falmer. We'll have 10,000 empty seats to fill after all.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Good on them.

Surely they need to be reaching out to the MK community in order to try and attract the fans of the future?

This is exactly the sort of thing I hope the Albion try IF they ever build Falmer. We'll have 10,000 empty seats to fill after all.

I have a bad feeling it will be more than 10,000. Depending on our league status of course.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Good on them.

Exactly, I couldn't agree more.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Good on them.

spot on

when we have our family days at withdean, a couple of balloons, a clown and a load of horns is deemed a BRILLIANT idea

yet mk push out the boat and get a guitar hero session, a f***ing mascot derby AND live bands and it is deemed to be shit - all because they are a franchise team

i was looking forward to going there as it was - £5 on the train, cheap to get in. with all this entertainment added, it has the potential to be one of the BEST days out of the season. if you take away the 90 minutes, of course

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
What a treat!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No alcohol for away fans according to footballgroundguide.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This may be the most unattractive away fixture ever.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Also, they don't allow flags, drums or air horns etc into the away end apparently.

Damn, all our flags, air horns and drums we take to away games will have to be left behind then 'sake.

What a great effort the owners and MK council are putting in to help their football team (let's be honest, it has nothing to do with Wimbledon any more) establish itself as a popular local team. This sort of thing should never have been allowed to happen, but you can't blame the local authorities, the local people or the local businesses for getting behind it like this. It was a long time ago, the team has staff, players and fans who all are into MK Dons, not franchise, not Wimbledon. Perhaps the loathing and spite aimed at MK Dons should be redirected to the FA for allowing it to happen in the first place.

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Hang on a minute!!! There must have been quite a bit of planning gone into this.

I can just hear the ideas floating round the MK board room now:

"Hmmm, so which day shall we do it on then..."

" Well its gotta be against a team that are doing really crap. We have to get a win to make it a day to remember and get some more punters in..."

" I know what... Lets have the event on the day we play Brighton... They are in allsorts at the moment..The bunch of muppets... Bound to get a result against them...Ha "

Well I tell ya what.. We aint doing too well but we have given all the top teams a good run for their money this season so I sure hope we take it to them and shove their padded seats right up their arses... Ha !!

I'm not bitter.. :drink: :flameboun

Milton Keynes Seagull

Sep 28, 2003
Milton Keynes
Whatever you say about MK Dons and how they're came into being through stealing someone else's football club, their marketing in this area is first class. They are incredibly active throughout the town and wider community launching all sorts of promotions, involvement with schools and kids groups etc etc.

The Albion could learn a lot from their business acumen quite frankly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Albion could learn a lot from their business acumen quite frankly.

No we just sneer at MK Dons, seems to make things better somehow. Why would we want decent crowds, a good manager and team, a couple of trophies over the last two years, a team going for successive promotions and a new stadium with people putting forward ideas to bring in more fans? Sounds rubbish to me.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
No we just sneer at MK Dons, seems to make things better somehow. Why would we want decent crowds, a good manager and team, a couple of trophies over the last two years, a team going for successive promotions and a new stadium with people putting forward ideas to bring in more fans? Sounds rubbish to me.

Well said, I'd take relegation to League Two over a JPT title and 2 successive promotions any day!:jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here