Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The four key players for us this season....

Sorry but the only one of those 4 I would agree as key to our season is Bennett.

Although appreciating the qualities of the other 3, for me Lua Lua will be absolutely vital to us as he is someone who has the ability, pace and skill to create/score crucial goals as evidenced already.

We definitely need a striker to properly contribute and at the moment only Barnes is showing signs but I still suspect we are going to need to strengthen at Christmas.

El Abd is the shining light at the back amd is a major reason why Casper has not been too seriously tested. It may be that Greer gets his chance to shine but certainly at least one of the central defenders will be key.

So my 4 Bennett, Lua Lua, El Abd and striker tba although I would love Murray or Barnes to prove me wrong

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I would say that the key players for our season are those that need to perform but we're not sure about yet. All those mentioned we know are good players and are sure will perform for us.

However if we are going to get promoted we need the less-known quantities to step up to the plate and perform.

I nominate Sparrow, Sandaza, Greer and Ankergren

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Every top manager in football history, will tell you that the spine of the team is the most important. All the rest is built around that. So on that basis..

Gk..Ankergren...Jury still out for me personally, but getting better every game and has won promotions before.
Ch..Elphick/El abd/Greer...As good as anything in this division.
Cm..Navarro was a big loss. With Kish/Sparrow/Dicker/Bridcutt all keeping each other on their toes, I think we will be fine. If not im sure Gus will sort something.
Cf..Murray has been quality so far this season, his attitude seems spot on as well.The partnership with Barnes appears to be getting better and better. Barnes just needs to be a bit more clinical in front of goal. If not I expect Poyet to get another striker in, sooner rather than later.
All that said, we are going up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here