Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fortune of War is (almost) on fire!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Conclusive proof that some people are utter morons. You're standing outside a room full of oil that's already on fire and with the strong possibility that there are gas tanks inside or at least a gas main that hasn't been switched off and what do you do? Get a bit closer to take a photo :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm amazed that there isn't some sort of pump to use the sea water. Most of the pubs down there are firetraps.

Thing is, any sea based pump would have to be used in conjunction with fire appliances. And you can't pump sea water through fire appliances / fire service equipment as sea water is highly corrosive and fucks up all your kit.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I'm amazed that there isn't some sort of pump to use the sea water. Most of the pubs down there are firetraps.

Could have been very nasty, that pub goes back a long way with no escape route. After this fire the bars down there may be looked at again for fire safety.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thing is, any sea based pump would have to be used in conjunction with fire appliances. And you can't pump sea water through fire appliances / fire service equipment as sea water is highly corrosive and fucks up all your kit.

I didn't think of corrosion. Surely it wouldn't be too expensive to have some equipment for the express use of this sort of thing and clean it regularly or am I being a bit naive? It won't get used much, but could save lives?

Could have been very nasty, that pub goes back a long way with no escape route. After this fire the bars down there may be looked at again for fire safety.

Indeed! You would be absolutely facked if there was a fire at the front of one of those pubs.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

m.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here