Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The football forum that couldn't be arsed to have an England v Czech official *** :shrug:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The system is the issue with two deep midfielders and full backs who don’t get forward we rely on the front players to pick the ball up deep and run consistently rather than having someone in the middle who can carry the ball forward and link play. So we start well but tire quickly in forward positions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's the mentality. We look absolutely bereft. Shocking performance tonight. The Czechs are really poor and they've been our equal, as were the Scots. We will get crucified by any of the proper teams.

I don't think it's been as bad as that - Saka, Grealish, Sterling have been excellent, others have been solid but we've had the life sucked out of us at half-time. Now Grealish is off - WTF?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We have one of the best players in the Bundesliga in our squad and he can’t get anywhere near this incredibly average and pedestrian side. Anyone would think we’ve got a manager who is clueless and out of his depth.

**** me we are dull.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'd imagine gravity just took hold of Maguire's massive ****ing useless head there

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We have one of the best players in the Bundesliga in our squad and he can’t get anywhere near this incredibly average and pedestrian side. Anyone would think we’ve got a manager who is clueless and out of his depth.

**** me we are dull.
This.

How Sancho hasn't got a single minute on the board in this tournament so far is beyond me.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The system is the issue with two deep midfielders and full backs who don’t get forward we rely on the front players to pick the ball up deep and run consistently rather than having someone in the middle who can carry the ball forward and link play. So we start well but tire quickly in forward positions.

Tactically, the system makes no sense and doesn't work. But it's also the mentality. The amount of times our midfielders have the time to put a foot on the ball, turn around and run 10 yards forward is immeasurable. What do they do? Play the way they're facing, backwards to the centre backs, who pass it back to the keeper. It's so negative.

Full backs, 20 yards of space ahead of them and facing forward? Turn whole body, to actively look for a sideways pass. It speaks of poor tactics or a lack of confidence. Or both.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
All this guff over how good Saka has been but Sancho is twice the player. I'm so over England. It just isn't fun. An utter chore. Yes we will win, yes we've qualified but it is utter guff. So far from everything I love about football. Flat track bullies .

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I want us to do well as much as any England fan, but this is a very poor group and we've been average in it. We are very fortunate to be ahead in this one against a poor side. We will get creamed by anyone half decent.

oh I see, because we've done well, itś cos the opposition are weak. we're doing that one again....

damned if we do...

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
England are so so boring and predictable, as normal. No way we will get through the next round against a decent team.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I don't think it's been as bad as that - Saka, Grealish, Sterling have been excellent, others have been solid but we've had the life sucked out of us at half-time. Now Grealish is off - WTF?

I think if it were 0-0, you'd feel differently. You can have an identical 90 minutes of football. You get a 95th minute penalty, the copy becomes "battles hard to the end against stoic opposition to get a good win" if you score, "two poor sides, and missed penalty sums up the lack of quality" if you miss. The scoreline often flatters the performance

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
oh I see, because we've done well, itś cos the opposition are weak. we're doing that one again....

damned if we do...

It was the same at the last WC, mate. The first time we faced proper opposition, we lost. I am an England fan but I recognise how poor we are.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Set pieces have been woeful this tournament

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I’m quite happy watching this on TV as I can get on with other stuff and when the final whistle goes I’m at home.

But why anyone would pay to go and watch this staggers me.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It doesn't feel like much more than a friendly at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here