Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The folly of Sam Allardyce

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Would really like to hear from some long time WH fans what they think of the set-up at the club. They seem to be spending like there's no tomorrow, new players ,moving to new stadium, if this goes wrong could it be another Leeds?

It's quite hard to say. Despite The 2 Dave's being "knobs of the highest order" etc etc, they are also very rich and successful "knobs of the highest order". They haven't got their wealth by being spendthrifts who don't give a toss where they're putting their money. I can't see where we're "spending like there's no tomorrow" either. Spent £3m on Nolan and got Faye (and soon to be Gudjohnssen) for free...and that's it so far. We've shifted loads of dead wood (Dyer, Upson etc) and reduced the wage bill and look to be selling or loaning out Parker plus probably selling Cole and Green. We've also got some decent youngsters coming through.

As for Allardyce, i don't think there were many WH supporters happy at the appointment to start with. However, we've got to give him a go and as he's publicly said, he'll play to the teams strengths...not just lump it up. We all know he's an arrogant (unt but that comes with the terratory of being northern.

What i do know is, the championship is going to be a lot harder than a lot of WH fans are expecting....there's a lot of huge teams down there and it's a lot more physical then the prem. If we go up...and it's a big IF, i think we might just scrape it via the play-offs. Im certainly one WH fan who is under no illusions...this season is going to be damn hard but i'm so looking forward to it....saturday afternoons without football are pointless.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Don't see anything wrong with what he said, but he is a c*ck.

4M would be mental but 1 million and pay wages plus keep player happy might be OK for them. Club he goes to get to buy him for what 9M if WH don't get promoted?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Don't see anything wrong with what he said, but he is a c*ck.

4M would be mental but 1 million and pay wages plus keep player happy might be OK for them. Club he goes to get to buy him for what 9M if WH don't get promoted?

Doubt be that much his another year older at the end of the season will be 4/5 i think if they sell after the loan.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I seem to remember he is mates with that twat at MU and before I knew this I thought the bloke was an idiot and that information makes it twice as bad
whatever did the WHU board think when they appointed him
he will ruin a very good club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here