Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The first "Want to Work" Masterclass delivered at The Amex

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Brighton and Hove Albion | Community | News | News | First Masterclass Delivered

Says sweet FA that no British people turned up so where have you got that from ? Yet another topic calling those unemployed lazy, maybe if you had been let go from a job and were unemployed and you had people saying your "lazy" and love living on the social, you would get pretty pissed off. Yes some are lazy, the majority arent so dont tarnish all unemployed with the same brush.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Those attending included 15 Poles and 12 others from various Eastern European countries. No Brits as they too lazy to get out of bed or just happy to live off the social. See club website for full story.

You really are a complete and utter tool and your ignorance is anything but amusing

Brighton and Hove Albion | Community | News | News | First Masterclass Delivered

Says sweet FA that no British people turned up so where have you got that from ? Yet another topic calling those unemployed lazy, maybe if you had been let go from a job and were unemployed and you had people saying your "lazy" and love living on the social, you would get pretty pissed off. Yes some are lazy, the majority arent so dont tarnish all unemployed with the same brush.

I've been sack many times in the past but never sat back feeling sorry for myself. I got back out there and found work including, shop work, cleaning loos, kitchen work, leaflet distribution, working in wine bars, Estate agency, travel agency, 8 years as an aviation insurance broker, removal work, selling cars and now I drive for the rich and famous. There are too many work shy and lazy people who expect something for nothing.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've been sack many times in the past but never sat back feeling sorry for myself. I got back out there and found work including, shop work, cleaning loos, kitchen work, leaflet distribution, working in wine bars, Estate agency, travel agency, 8 years as an aviation insurance broker, removal work, selling cars and now I drive for the rich and famous. There are too many work shy and lazy people who expect something for nothing.

So you have been sacked from that many jobs, does that suggest you weren't very good at any of them ???

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Oh so now all the unemployed do is sit on their arses feeling sorry for themselves ? This is getting better and better. SOME do sit on the arses doing nothing whilst the benefits roll in, the vast majority are out there trying to find work - just unfortunately you never hear about this.

Oh, and i wasnt sacked - i was made redundant.

D

Deleted member 22389

So why do so many non British people come here and manage to find work ahead of our home grown young? In answer to Gazwag, I was sacked because of my drinking and drug taking. I still managed to find work.

Remember the wages offered in this country are probably 3 or 4 times than they would get at home.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
There's no reference to the nationality of the people who attended but generally I have to agree with what PSP says. A lot (not all) English people think they are above certain jobs where as many foreign workers have the attitude where they will take whatever they can get.

Someone I know who works in starbucks said they interviewed for a new position in Croydon and despite almost a hundred apllicants only two were from English people, the social mobilty encouraged under our last goverment has IMO bred a new generation of poeple who feel they are above a lot of jobs. I know people who are long term unemployed with 'two bob' degrees, apparantly desperate for work but when I suggest they enquire at Tescos, Ikea or the like they turns their noses up at the notion.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Remember the wages offered in this country are probably 3 or 4 times than they would get at home.

Rubbish arguement as the cost of living is much, much higher in this country, particularly in London and the home counties.

D

Deleted member 22389

Rubbish arguement as the cost of living is much, much higher in this country, particularly in London and the home counties.

Not if the sole intention is to live in the UK for a few years, save some money, and you are prepared to house share.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Not if the sole intention is to live in the UK for a few years, save some money, and you are prepared to house share.

Why is any different for an English person? There no reason why english people can't share houses in the same way many eastern europeans do? Polish people I know don't do it for shits and giggles they do it out of necessity.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I know people who are long term unemployed with 'two bob' degrees, apparantly desperate for work but when I suggest they enquire at Tescos, Ikea or the like they turns their noses up at the notion.

I've been unemployed over a year and have a two bob degree as you call it. Until losing my job to redundancy I had a very successful career holding senior positions with a number of global financial businesses. I have applied for positions paying as much as two thirds less than I was earning before but I get told the same thing ... I'm "over qualified" and nobody will take me on as they would expect me to leave as soon as a better offer comes along. No matter how much I suggest that won't be the case I've had zero success. I've not resorted to Tesco or Ikea yet mainly because if I did I doubt they would be interested and it would pretty well close the door I have on any chance I might have getting back to what I do

Suggesting (as that clown does) that the unemployed are a homogeneous group and are lazy is a friggin insult ... frankly I've never worked so hard in my life as I have this past year with absolutely zero reward

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't get it. Where does it say how many people attended and their nationalities?

Or did the O/P just make that up for the sake of being controversial & attracting attention?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've been unemployed over a year and have a two bob degree as you call it. Until losing my job to redundancy I had a very successful career holding senior positions with a number of global financial businesses. I have applied for positions paying as much as two thirds less than I was earning before but I get told the same thing ... I'm "over qualified" and nobody will take me on as they would expect me to leave as soon as a better offer comes along. No matter how much I suggest that won't be the case I've had zero success. I've not resorted to Tesco or Ikea yet mainly because if I did I doubt they would be interested and it would pretty well close the door I have on any chance I might have getting back to what I do

Suggesting (as that clown does) that the unemployed are a homogeneous group and are lazy is a friggin insult ... frankly I've never worked so hard in my life as I have this past year with absolutely zero reward

I should probably point out that I was making a bit of a sweeping generalisation that certainly doesn’t apply to all but I can only speak from my own experiences and friends experiences. I suggest that if you held a senior positions at ‘a global financial businesses’ your degree was probably applicable to your chosen career.

I feel for people in a similar situation to yourself as your skills are probably very specific to the jobs you are experienced, so sorry for chucking you in the same pigeon hole as people I know and perceive to be a touch lazy or unwilling to find work. Please accept my apology!

D

Deleted member 22389

Why is any different for an English person? There no reason why english people can't share houses in the same way many eastern europeans do? Polish people I know don't do it for shits and giggles they do it out of necessity.

There is no difference when you put it this way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here