cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Wham, Young Guns 7"

220px-Young_Guns_Go_For_It.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
If you discount novelty singles my parents bought for me like Theme from Z Cars, Theme from Steptoe and Son, Theme from Dr Who and comedy singles by Charlie Drake, I would probably settle on How do you do it by Gerry and the Pacemakers purchased in the record department at Bellmans in London Road with my auntie Lil. I still have all my vinyl singles and albums and remember where and why I bought them. That's why I can't get rid of them. Does that make me a little weird or was it a generational thing? I've also just found the tour flyer for my first gig which was King Crimson at The Dome in 1972.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Europe - The Final Countdown. On cassette somewhere in Northern Ireland. Epic

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Probably Grand Coolee Dam - Lonnie Donegan.......78rpm of course! PS...and the 'flip side' was Sally Don't You Grieve. Pretty sad I Know.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

If you discount novelty singles my parents bought for me like Theme from Z Cars, Theme from Steptoe and Son, Theme from Dr Who and comedy singles by Charlie Drake, I would probably settle on How do you do it by Gerry and the Pacemakers purchased in the record department at Bellmans in London Road with my auntie Lil. I still have all my vinyl singles and albums and remember where and why I bought them. That's why I can't get rid of them. Does that make me a little weird or was it a generational thing? I've also just found the tour flyer for my first gig which was King Crimson at The Dome in 1972.

Can you post a picture of that flyer on NSC?
It was my first gig too, but I think you'll find it was around October 1971 if that was the 'Islands' album they were showcasing. It was a couple of years before they returned to The Dome, and the line-up was very different.... I believe it was for 'Larks Tongues in Aspic'

Incidentally, with the plethora of live shows that Crimson have put out on CDs now, I understand that Dome show has been one of them.
'Trapeze' were support, if I remember rightly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This was the first CD single I bought (in 1996 when it first came out) although I think I'd bought a couple on cassette before that but I have no idea what.

[yt]QEJvO6c5nfQ[/yt]

I used to think there was a line "my love has got no money he's got his trumber leaves" which puzzled me slightly, it took me a while to work out she was actually saying "strong beliefs".

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
oh dear

im ashamed to say it was "oh Julie" by Shakin Stevens.

I never thought I would admit to that. So please its not on a public web forum.....

I bought this in 1980 (I think) from Woolworths in Croydon and I literally had to beg my mum to buy it for me.

[yt]1WhhSBgd3KI[/yt]

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Ride a White Swan by T Rex in a French picture sleeve while on holiday in Blois. No shame at all in that one!

The Face

H Block
Jan 24, 2007
BN2
Chumbawamba - Tubthumping.

I got the cassette at Gatwick just before going abroad for the first time. Spent the whole fortnight listening to it on my walkman! Credit to my parents for managing to keep me away from the whisky, vodka, lager and cider drinks for the duration.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here