Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The first crack in Graham Potter's calm demeanour?

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
The follies of a boo-booing and a boo-boo. We should make the boo a court-martial offence ��

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
After playing so well can understand Potters spur of moment comments straight after game but dont understand why he continued the theme on later interviews

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I suspect that he has identified it as an issue that could affect the dressing room and subsequent performances, and probably wants as many Albion attendees to hear it so that it doesn't happen again.
Or Barber wants it shut down because criticism of the Albion isn't allowed under his watch

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
After playing so well can understand Potters spur of moment comments straight after game but dont understand why he continued the theme on later interviews

Trying to build a siege mentality of Them (fans/customers) v Us (coaches/players) doesn't IMHO display a high degree of emotional intelligence or more importantly footballing intelligence. If your mindset starts to regard the home support as the enemy, then you're halfway out the door already :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Trying to build a siege mentality of Them (fans/customers) v Us (coaches/players) doesn't IMHO display a high degree of emotional intelligence or more importantly footballing intelligence. If your mindset starts to regard the home support as the enemy, then you're halfway out the door already :wave:

Or you're Jose Mourinho walking in the door, for the first time.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't agree with the booing on Saturday, full stop. But I can understand it just a little. We have the best team, the best players playing the best football, the best owner, chief exec, coach and coaching team, overall squad, executive team, stadium, infrastructure we have ever had. We have our highest ever placing at this stage of a Premier League season and yet, we cannot score a goal in games where we should be winning by 3. We know there is no easy fix, and Maupay is an easy target. Connolly doesn't play, yet gets criticised to high heaven and Locadia wouldn't get in a League 2 strike force. Welbeck would help Maupay no end, but we can't keep him fit at the moment. But we played wonderful football even without Lallana and Mwepu on Saturday. Expectations are rising along with the frustration in equal measure. Sarmiento is creeping in to contention, but what pressure if he plays. I may be wrong, but it could ruin Ferguson or Tolaj to break through too soon. Did Potter put Locadia on to put pressure on the board as in 'this is all I've got?' I don't think so. I think Potter and the Board have an honest relationship that doesn't need such chicanery. But the handful of boos might just give Potter and the lads the extra edge to prove they know that the current run and paucity of goals is less than they are worth. They are better than that. I look forward to them proving it on Wednesday.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I don't agree with the booing on Saturday, full stop. But I can understand it just a little. We have the best team, the best players playing the best football, the best owner, chief exec, coach and coaching team, overall squad, executive team, stadium, infrastructure we have ever had. We have our highest ever placing at this stage of a Premier League season and yet, we cannot score a goal in games where we should be winning by 3.

Agree with all of this expect understanding the booing... even a little. True we have issues with scoring. But what helps strikers play confidently and without fear? >>Cheering and Singing.

Booing has the opposite effect, so I don't understand it even a little. I'm surprised Potter was as mild as he was. I would have chased those tw*ts in the ground and made sure they got the hairdryer. Stupid little boys who have no idea where we have come from and how far we have come. Playing the best football I've ever seen the Albion play. I tell you one thing. We really dont want Potter getting pissed off with the fans and not feeling wanted.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Agree with all of this expect understanding the booing... even a little. True we have issues with scoring. But what helps strikers play confidently and without fear? >>Cheering and Singing.

Booing has the opposite effect, so I don't understand it even a little. I'm surprised Potter was as mild as he was. I would have chased those tw*ts in the ground and made sure they got the hairdryer. Stupid little boys who have no idea where we have come from and how far we have come. Playing the best football I've ever seen the Albion play. I tell you one thing. We really dont want Potter getting pissed off with the fans and not feeling wanted.

The guy's just passing through. He'll get a far harsher ride in his next job than the hugely supportive environment he's been fortunate enough to find himself in at the Albion, courtesy of the Tony Bloom workplace ethos

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
In 5 years' time Potter will no longer be at this club, maybe sooner, who knows.

However, we will still be at this club, as we have been throughout the history that he needs to really look into, not just pretend to.

So Potter may have a point about the booing, but he is just a small part of our history, and to be honest not an important one in my view.

TB

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I was invited to Old Trafford by a business contact couple of years ago and would think 30k plus were booing them half an hour before end. Also was in Home end at West Ham when Brighton beat them and I was amazed at the hate directed at players. I dont think Potter has anything to worry about down here.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In 5 years' time Potter will no longer be at this club, maybe sooner, who knows.

However, we will still be at this club, as we have been throughout the history that he needs to really look into, not just pretend to.

So Potter may have a point about the booing, but he is just a small part of our history, and to be honest not an important one in my view.

TB

Nah. In 5 years you will all be replaced by Chinese tourists. Welcome to the Premier League.

Dub-67

Sep 12, 2012
I don't really care. To me he's a ludicrously over-promoted journeyman. Club and Cult can worship him as they see fit. I just find it amusing :shrug:

:bowdown: all hail the font of football wisdom!

Nothing like ignoring the facts right in your face eh? Best ever start to a season in the clubs history... I think you might be one of those guys who is contrary just seeking attention.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I completely agree and also worry about Potter being even a scintilla unsettled by lack of appreciation from a few boo boys. My point is that I understand how a few dumbasses could set aside all the good stuff and focus purely on recent results and goal shy forwards to reach the conclusion that booing is the solution. However, I don't agree with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here