Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FANS WALL at Falmer ?

Would you buy your own BRICK with your NAME on ?

• YES - I would pay to have my name permanently emblazoned upon our glorious new stadium

Votes: 65 79.3%
  • NO - People would use their NSC names and everything. It would be EMBARRASING

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • MAYBE - its time you did some WORK for a change, instead of coming out with these half-arsed ideas

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

One for me and one for my late father. 50% from me bruvver for that one-I'll tell him tomorrow:lolol:

I'm sure the club must be thinking of something like this-it's the obvious thing to do.

Can they do hollow ones so I can put the old boy's ashes in one?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
some fans have got seats due to the A&K (myself included)
We did.

Ps Are there going to be any bricks in the construction? It doesn't look like brick sides.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Actually, I think I'd buy 3 bricks.

One for me, as I've lived and breathed this entire saga from start to finish, and will have suffered two seasons at Gillingham and eleven seasons at Withdean. I feel I've earned it.

One for my son, who will hopefully be watching the Albion there long after I've popped my clogs.

And one more, for me to lob through the window of Ann de Vecchi's house. It'll have a gold-laced message engraved on it. Something along the lines of "eat THAT, cackbadger" should suffice. I might keep it on a piece of string, so I can also do the windows of Cuttress, Baker, Gardiner and White.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Wouldbt you be pretty pissed off though if you paid best part of £100 to have your name on a brick and they stuck you up near the f***ing ROOF!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'd rather be a 'face in the crowd' than a brick in the wall.
Having a real image of fans looking down, always there, imortalised, would be better than being a brick in row 76, 654th from the right.

I posted this idea on another thread about 'in memorium' and it got some good comments...somebody track it down please.

For example, these's a thread on here about Old dave who tragically died on Sunday. From what I've heared and from the people he drank with, I knew him but only as a face, not as a name. have him as a face in the crowd and I'll be able to remember him but have him as a brick?

The brick idea is old hat, let's be different. If we had a peice of art, covering the usually dull concourses under the stands with real faces, the cheapest could be marketed as low as £10 per head (gettit?) Now i reckon you could aim for 60,000 at £10 ph that's serios money and does not take into account what could be charged to have your face in a 'prime' position.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Actually, I think I'd buy 3 bricks.

And one more, for me to lob through the window of Ann de Vecchi's house. It'll have a gold-laced message engraved on it. Something along the lines of "eat THAT, cackbadger" should suffice. I might keep it on a piece of string, so I can also do the windows of Cuttress, Baker, Gardiner and White.

Oh Easy, I've missed you in my month off! A bit of coffee came out of my nose!!!

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hell yeah, I'd be well up for that. I'll probably be living up north by the time Falmer's built, so I love the idea of having a little bit of 'me' permanently in the stadium. And after all the hard work everyone's put in over the last 12 years trying to save this club, i think there'd be thousands of others who'd concur.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
How about doing something similar to the giant flag that was created for the last World Cup, using 1000s of small individual pictures of supporters? Together, the images re-created the 1966 World Cup winning photo of Bobby Moore lifting the trophy. I'm on that flag somewhere and it looks bloody brilliant.

Why not do something similar? A giant Albion crest, perhaps? An image of the Goldstone?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd rather be a 'face in the crowd' than a brick in the wall.
Having a real image of fans looking down, always there, imortalised, would be better than being a brick in row 76, 654th from the right.

I posted this idea on another thread about 'in memorium' and it got some good comments...somebody track it down please.

For example, these's a thread on here about Old dave who tragically died on Sunday. From what I've heared and from the people he drank with, I knew him but only as a face, not as a name. have him as a face in the crowd and I'll be able to remember him but have him as a brick?

The brick idea is old hat, let's be different. If we had a peice of art, covering the usually dull concourses under the stands with real faces, the cheapest could be marketed as low as £10 per head (gettit?) Now i reckon you could aim for 60,000 at £10 ph that's serios money and does not take into account what could be charged to have your face in a 'prime' position.
see i like this idea alot more but surely with this its one of those things that have to be set by a deadline rather then just with the bricks they can add a new one?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think it's a brilliant idea. Photo and drawing montage maybe? Me and my 2 sons in their Albion strips on the beach earlier this year.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The 'Face in the crowd' could be an ongoing work of art. The general idea is that you supply a pic with a little 'character building' points and somebody, like the Uni, produces a giant montage, wether actually painted on the walls of boards attatched to th wall. It's something that would be ongoing once the stadium is built.

The beauty is that you can be there, as a child, with your parents and also as an adult with your own kids, they'ed be no restriction on how many times.

En masse it would be a sea of faces, just like we see every match, but i bet whenever you see a crowd shot you're looking to see who you know in the crowd and this will be the same, plus the knowledge that everybody featured is an Albion fan (or at least has paid to be there.)

And then, add in some Albion heroes and characters. How much would somebody pay to be featured chatting with Wardy in the crowd?

As a peice of art it could come an attraction on it's own and i'm sure many would want to be immortalised there.

I know when I go my kids will have no where to be near 'me' but, if they can see me at falmer every match, well, that's quite something.

Anybody want to turn the idea into a proposal then possibly into a project?

leonidas

Go tell the Spartans
Jun 5, 2007
Surrounded by pubs
I think both ideas have good points. I assumed that the brick idea would be a one off built into the structure of the stadium but the montage could go on and on so I don't see why it has to be an either or situation why not both?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
i have my name scratched into the angel of the north in gateshead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here