Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The falmer pitchs is going to be the same size as WEMBLEYS.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
This is CLEARLY a very clever ploy being instrumented by the club. The plan obviously being to get 25 odd games played on the pitch in our first season at falmer, then travel to wembley for the championship play off final/fa cup final and have a HUGE advantage, thus winning. I think you will all agree, VERY CLEVER.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I hope they can control the temperature adequately then, as it's a scientific FACT that the temperature pitch-side at Wembley in May (on FA Cup Final day) is always at least 20 degrees higher than anywhere else in London, and quite often hotter than the sun.

You can fry an egg on the centre spot, I've heard.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do you think this means the club will be trying to tout Falmer as a venue for an England U-21 game?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I hope they can control the temperature adequately then, as it's a scientific FACT that the temperature pitch-side at Wembley in May (on FA Cup Final day) is always at least 20 degrees higher than anywhere else in London, and quite often hotter than the sun.

You can fry an egg on the centre spot, I've heard.

I'm sure this would have been considered on the pre-construction meetings as part of the glaringly obvious master-plan. Wouldn't surprise me if the stands behind the goals have also been built on wheels as to shorten the pitch when Bolton turn up in the prem after our play-off success.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Are you sure, has anyone asked the Project team?:jester::jester::laugh:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Do you think this means the club will be trying to tout Falmer as a venue for an England U-21 game?

I can guarantee you that Falmer will be used for an England under-21 game within 18 months of it opening.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Are you sure, has anyone asked the Project team?:jester::jester::laugh:
I had to FORCE the answer out of them through extreme interrogation techniques. Clearly they wern't keen to spill the beans on such a masteful scheme but the truth has come out.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I had to FORCE the answer out of them through extreme interrogation techniques. Clearly they wern't keen to spill the beans on such a masteful scheme but the truth has come out.

Sorry, it was my poor level of sarcasm as this has been asked and answered quite a few times now. More to the point will the burgers be cheaper than Wembley's?!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It is also (I believe) the same width as Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. Getting the players ready for the Premier League!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do we know the exact size of the pitch as I am sure that I read that Don Revie at Leeds used to change the width depending on the opponents and whether they had skilful wingers or not. The FA Rule only gives a minimum and maximum not a stated size.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You mean, with this MASSIVE pitch, we're going to be as far away from the centre circle as we are at Withdean?

:angry:

That can be adjusted with the stands being built on wheels. West ham have the most narrow pitch, so when they come down we will just roll the east and west stands apart, creating a wider pitch and thus bamboozling the west ham players.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
That can be adjusted with the stands being built on wheels. West ham have the most narrow pitch, so when they come down we will just roll the east and west stands apart, creating a wider pitch and thus bamboozling the west ham players.

For west ham they will just move the goals 90 degrees thereby making a wide pitch

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here