Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The f***ing Gutted thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Bozza said:
There was no fracas at all until the Ronaldo/Rooney thing. Then a fracas developed but the ref walked away and left it, in order to give Rooney the red as quickly as he could.

I need to watch it again and reconsider then but I thought it all kicked off as soon as Rooney stamped. Shouldn't be a problem to get to see it again, it'll be repalyed for years :down:

I'll get back to you :)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Icy Gull said:
I was angry at all our group games and got slated on here for being negative, today I'm gutted. Until the Rooney sending off I was pretty pissed of with our negative tactics but after that nothing but admiration for a really gutsy display ending with the usual heroic failure. Felt really bad for the players as I really believed we were going to win that penalty shoot out at the end of extra time.

like me . .you got sucked into the foolish english let down trap :nono: :down:

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I'm 27 now and I really gave a shit about this game. I'm not sure I want to go giving so much of a crap anymore. By the time the next world cup rolls around I think I'll probaby be take-it-or-leave-it so far as football and world cup goes. A real shame, but that's the way it goes.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, this is just another World Cup flop for whatever reason, me I'm over it already.

I'm ready and waiting for my real team to kick off, roll on August !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bozza said:
Sorry, how can you think that?

The ref stood motionless above the writihing Portugese player. He made no movement at all to suggest even a yellow card was likely. I honestly don't think he saw anything more than "6 of one, half a dozen" and blew against Rooney.

Ronaldo intervened and Rooney pushed him. The ref pointed at Rooney at this stage, walked away and gestured for Rooney to follow. He gave a straight red at this time.

With every card in the game, the ref gave it immediately - he only just managed to stop himself giving the yellow to Terry whilst he was on the floor. If he had wanted to card Rooney for the foul, he'd have done it long before...
Totally agree.
When the ref blew the whistle for the foul, the FIRST thing he did was to point his hand towards our goal (to indicate that he'd given a free kick Portugals way). Now when you're about to send someone off, the red card is invariably the first thing they reach for. The ref had his opinion swayed by those oily pilchards gathering around him like flies around shit, and brandished the card immediately Rooney shoved ickle Ronny in the chest.

Rooney was being pulled, pushed and hacked from behind for a good 10 seconds, and had been fouled at least 3 times in that one incident. He was off balance, staggering about under the weight of the challenges, and for me, the foot to the groin was a total accident.

Those portugese ****s were diving and rolling around all afternoon with the express intent of getting our lot carded. That team is a f***ing disgrace. The way they play is going to totally destroy football as we know it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
gutted no not really,didnt expect anything else,wasnt prepared for anthing else.roll on brightons season,their my first interest and always will be

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Disappointed but not totally gutted, we are not good enough simple as that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here