The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Oi you?Do me a favor?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
I'm absolutely gutted, and the dreadful shambolics by Ronaldo is a disgrace to the good name of Football.

Stamping on a player is worse though.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I wonder if Mclaren will inherit Sven's negative tactics?I honestly can't see as going anywhere with him.What has he done at club level?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The same old dull, empty feeling that begins the moment it is all over. In exactly the same manner. Again.

We should be used to it by now - I doubt we ever will be though.

The party continues, whilst we peek in through the curtains from the outside.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Icy Gull said:
Stamping on a player is worse though.
Absolutely, especially in the Jacobs... Rooney is a disgrace but he's no worse or better than Ronaldo, they are both as bigger ****s as each other.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Bozza said:
The same old dull, empty feeling that begins the moment it is all over. In exactly the same manner. Again.

We should be used to it by now - I doubt we ever will be though.

The party continues, whilst we peek in through the curtains from the outside.

I was trying to trick myself it would be different this year.

We just don't have the bottle. :nono:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
brightonfan_86 said:
If you watch the incident carefully, you can see he was getting tugged down by Carvalho, and some other Portugese ****, and Rooney got his leg jammed in between Carvalho and he couldn't do anything to get away from him. It wasn't a stamp!

Don't need to see it again, it was a melee of pushing and shoving with half a dozen of one and six of another, Rooney lost his rag and stamped on the guy's groin. Straight red was absolutely right. Much as I'd like to argue that he shouldn't have gone, I can't.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Icy Gull said:
Don't need to see it again, it was a melee of pushing and shoving with half a dozen of one and six of another, Rooney lost his rag and stamped on the guy's groin. Straight red was absolutely right. Much as I'd like to argue that he shouldn't have gone, I can't.

I don't think the straight red was for the stamp, it was for the push on Ronaldo.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I believe it was for the stamp, but am I the only one who thought Rooney was fouled first?

Im not trying to excuse him. but could it have been avoided?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
saafend_seagull said:
Im confused- even if he did stay on we wouldn't have won, Rooney was shit.

But at least we could of subbed him and still have 11 on the pitch.We wouldn't of defended so much

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
clarkey said:
I believe it was for the stamp, but am I the only one who thought Rooney was fouled first?

Im not trying to excuse him. but could it have been avoided?

Sorry, how can you think that?

The ref stood motionless above the writihing Portugese player. He made no movement at all to suggest even a yellow card was likely. I honestly don't think he saw anything more than "6 of one, half a dozen" and blew against Rooney.

Ronaldo intervened and Rooney pushed him. The ref pointed at Rooney at this stage, walked away and gestured for Rooney to follow. He gave a straight red at this time.

With every card in the game, the ref gave it immediately - he only just managed to stop himself giving the yellow to Terry whilst he was on the floor. If he had wanted to card Rooney for the foul, he'd have done it long before...

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bozza said:
Sorry, how can you think that?

The ref stood motionless above the writihing Portugese player. He made no movement at all to suggest even a yellow card was likely. I honestly don't think he saw anything more than "6 of one, half a dozen" and blew against Rooney.

Ronaldo intervened and Rooney pushed him. The ref pointed at Rooney at this stage, walked away and gestured for Rooney to follow. He gave a straight red at this time.

With every card in the game, the ref gave it immediately - he only just managed to stop himself giving the yellow to Terry whilst he was on the floor. If he had wanted to card Rooney for the foul, he'd have done it long before...

I thought he was trying to sort out the fracas that developed before even thinking about cards tbh, hence the delay.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
not gutted . . .angry

at the piss poor half arsed showing at yet another major tournament.

get used to it people, this is England :drink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Icy Gull said:
I thought he was trying to sort out the fracas that developed before even thinking about cards tbh, hence the delay.

There was no fracas at all until the Ronaldo/Rooney thing. Then a fracas developed but the ref walked away and left it, in order to give Rooney the red as quickly as he could.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
zefarelly said:
not gutted . . .angry

at the piss poor half arsed showing at yet another major tournament.

get used to it people, this is England :drink:

I was angry at all our group games and got slated on here for being negative, today I'm gutted. Until the Rooney sending off I was pretty pissed of with our negative tactics but after that nothing but admiration for a really gutsy display ending with the usual heroic failure. Felt really bad for the players as I really believed we were going to win that penalty shoot out at the end of extra time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here