Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Exorcist

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Pretty good. That music alone is terrifying. I remember when I used to work as a young'un for Lloyds TSB some utter SHITGOOSE decided to test out the office speakers by playing that music over it very loud all of a sudden. Terrified me as I didn't know where the music was coming from and thought my head was caving in.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
for me a Classic. Saw it on release and as above scared me shitless

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Certainly the effects have dated somewhat but it is a good piece of cinema and they converted from the novel well. The crucifx scene is still shocking today.

People I know who saw it at the cinema when first released said that people were fainting, leaving early, scared shitless so it was truly groundbreaking as well.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Never really rated it, there had been so much hype in the press about it that it rapidly became the 'must see' film of the moment. I remember there was a gang of hand wringing religious nutters outside the Astoria handing out leaflets and offering 'counselling' to anyone who was affected by the film. I'd bought Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells album before the film came out so I didn't find the music particularly scary, and I laughed out loud when Linda Blairs head did a 360 :laugh:
I always thought The Omen was a much better film, better story, better use of music and a lot scarier than The Exorcist.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup, a classic. Brilliantly chilling. Literally for the actors who were forced to suffer for their art in made-frozen temperatures in the bedroom. Yes, the music is hugely haunting, but the devilishly slow realism of it all is an equal heart-thumper in the growing tension.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's alright but nothing special, it has some very unsettling bits but not really scary and is a bit OTT in parts.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Seen it once and would not watch it again out of pure fear. The subliminal messages and that ugly face that popped up randomly throughout the movie terrified me. Classic movie in that genre.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Great film, first saw it when young and like the omen it scared me, that and researching the true story its based on!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here