Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The establishment and historic child sex abuse

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The whole thing is an utter disgrace. I didn't see the panorama but I have twice known something about the topic on panorama from the inside, and in both cases the coverage was shite. It's like the Sun in terms of thoughtfulness. I am not surprised it was shite.

The BBC was unable to find the countries most prolific sex criminal ever in their midst. They are in no position to start debunking the testimony of survivors. Certainly not until we've seen the Saville/ Hall/ Harris report anyhow.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Given that the Panorama episode was the culmination of a year's research it was one of the most disappointing BBC current affairs programmes I've ever seen.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone keeping up to date with this should watch the ten minutes they did on it on This Week tonight.

Portillo's nice guy facade certainly faded, Andrew Neil conveniently ignores the facts, whilst a former Home Secretary Alan Johnson very diplomatically, lets you know that he very much still has an open mind on the matter.

Portillo looked very, very uncomfortable to me.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I'm afraid Andrew Neil seems to be a shill seeking to protect the establishment. Sickening really, considering the thousands of children who have been subject to such abuse.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm afraid Andrew Neil seems to be a shill seeking to protect the establishment. Sickening really, considering the thousands of children who have been subject to such abuse.

Andrew Neil is as establishment as they come.He used to edit The Times FFS! I wasn't surprised.

Given Portillo's carefully crafted media reinvention it was his demenour that I found very surprising. Very confrontational, it was ugly. Notice how he looked to shut down the conversation when the woman was talking very calmly and sensibly and some of the faces he was pulling when Alan Johnson was talking......

I thought Alan Johnson was as diplomatic and dignified as they come. He is an ex-home secretary so I found his assertion that he didn't think the Home Office covering for an elite ring beyond the realms of possibility, very, very revealing.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
while also making Tom Watson look as though he know nothing, although he has been stoic throughout and lets hope he sticks with it

Agree 100%. Tom Watson has been dogged in his determination through this and he needs to keep up the good work. However, for his own sake maybe he shouldn't make public specific names.

As others have noticed it is becoming apparent that a smear campaign is now going on to try and discredit the witnesses, which after what has occured to them I am sure many have major issues (alcholol, drugs, crime) now that they are in their adulthood.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Agree 100%. Tom Watson has been dogged in his determination through this and he needs to keep up the good work. However, for his own sake maybe he shouldn't make public specific names.

As others have noticed it is becoming apparent that a smear campaign is now going on to try and discredit the witnesses, which after what has occured to them I am sure many have major issues (alcholol, drugs, crime) now that they are in their adulthood.

Except, a number of the witnesses coming forward now are former police officers - http://www.exaronews.com/articles/5670/ipcc-launches-13-more-probes-into-paedophile-cover-ups

I suspect this is real root of the recent hysteria. Police officers are credible witnesses and with 39 active IPCC investigations, there's clearly a lot of police officers the establishment needs to shut up.

Jul 21, 2015
Web glitch deletes testimonies to child sex abuse inquiry.

The Government's child sex abuse inquiry has apologised for a website glitch that for more than two weeks automatically deleted victim abuse testimonies sent in online.

All details submitted through the "share your experience" section of the www.iicsa.org.uk site between 14 September and 2 October were lost unseen, the Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse said.

stream_img.jpg

Justice Lowell Goddard is leading the independent inquiry into the handling of child sex abuse by public bodies and non-state institutions. Credit: PA Wire
The inquiry said the problem was due to a "change in our website address" and urged people to resubmit their information.

"We are very sorry for any inconvenience or distress this will cause and would like to reassure you that no information was put at risk of disclosure or unauthorised access," it said in a statement on its site.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2015-10-16/web-glitch-deletes-submissions-to-child-sex-abuse-inquiry/

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
spotlightonabuse.wordpress.com

Summary of Elm Tree cover up. People just ain't no good.

https://spotlightonabuse.wordpress....edophile-network-was-covered-up-for-31-years/

The more you get into this the coincidences mount. The Kassir coroner doing Diana as well, Havers being Buttler Schloss's brother, Jill Dando's hubby ending up as the royal gynaecologist. There's so many more.

Assume the Tory named in 90 was Morrisson or Brittan. Is it actually common knowledge now that Morrisson was an alcoholic paedophile? I lose track.....

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Yep.

The establishment will look after itself at all costs. They'll throw us a bone every now and then and give ground when they have no choice but will rely on the machinery of their media alongside peoples greed and self interest to dull the enquiriies and noise. No doubt at some point we'll be told the failure to act or release information was in the national interest so as to not undermine public confidence in gov and compromise national security etc. Sadly most peolle appear to be relaxed about being treated with such contempt as long as their day to day lives remain untouched. Apologies for the rant but the whole sickening thing and the lack of widespread public interest / concern / anger tells us alot about ourselves.

This 2013 post extracted from the Spotlightt site is instructive:

tom watson's source on May 22, 2013 at 12:42 pm

The more you look in to the sewer the deeper it gets.
We can add the Lord Chief Justice to the Attorney General and the Director of Public Prosecutions ( as in the cases of Sir Peter Hayman,Cyril Smith etc ) to the list of our most senior judicial figures who are party to Establishment cover-ups at worst and the making of appalling decisions totally out of sinct with public opinion at best.
Members of the judiciary who make comments such as possessing and distributing indecent images of children is like collecting cigarette cards, raping a 7 year old is something that could happen to anyone of us, to stop someone teaching because he has sexually abused children would be a serious loss to the teaching profession should not only be immediately removed from the Bar but should have their own backgrounds looked in to. The path for a victim to get justice is so difficult even before they come face to face with judges holding theses views

It never ceases to amaze me how far the Establishment will go to protect itself, even brazenly right in the glare of the public spotlight
Where are the investigations and Inquiries in to the role of politicians etc in the cover ups over child sexual abuse

Immediately after the Newsnight debacle John Whittingdale was so fast out of the traps to demand the head of the BBC’s Director General that he was in danger of tripping over all the mikes that were in front of him when he decided to be interviewed by every media oulet he could possibly get hold of. David Cameron immediately followed this up when the Savile story broke by stating that “every institution” must look at themselves and fully investigate why no-one reported/exposed such staggering levels of abuse. EVERY institution includes Parliament, Government, Attorney General, DPP.

John Whittingdale and David Cameron are remarkably silent on this now.

I would like to suggest where they could start and there are numerous historic situations which are not subject to current Police investigations and therefore there is no conflict of interests

The BBC and the NHS will no doubt be severely censured over Savile further down the line.

At least these institutions did not have a formal policy to protect paedophiles

I would suggest that Parliament and indeed Government did

How else are we to interpret Chief Whip, Tim Fortescue’s statement on national TV ( ref. Michael Cockerell’s BBC Documentary ) that rather than refer to the Police when an MP is caught sexually abusing a child it is just kept as a matter of record in the Dirt Book to be used as a vehicle of control in the voting lobby at a later date !!!!!!!!!!!!!

How else do we interpret Edwina Currie’s statement, in her attempt to sell as many copies of a book as she could, that everyone at the top of the Thatcher Government knew Peter Morrison was a “PEDEREST” – his reward promotion to be Deputy Chairman of the Tory Party, a Minister, Thatcher’s PPS and in charge of her 1990 election campaign

How else do we interpret Gyles Brandeth’s statements that everone in his constituency knew that Peter Morrison was a ” filthy pervert”

How else do we interpret the cover ups at the highest level manifested in statements from puppet Attorney Generals and DPP’s re. Peter Hayman, Cyril Smith, MP’s allegedly caught up in various Police/US Customs sting operations etc etc

How else do we interpret the treatment of Geoffrey Dickens at the hands of Parliament at the time and the convenient loss of his ” Dossier” since.

When and in what form will David Cameron be true to his word and order an investigation in to the role of Government, Parliament, the main political parties, the security services in at best a failure to expose child abuse from within their ranks and at worst a highly sophisticated cover up over the generations

We will not accept silence on this any longer

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
tysonism-on-conspiracy-theories.jpg

This has probably been said before but can't be bothered to wade through all previous posts.

Considering the seriousness of the accusations/subject

Innocent until proved Guilty

Opinions based on facts

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Has Vaz mentioned his old mate Janner yet?

You mean the Keith Vaz that still claims he hadn't heard of Elm Guest House or Grafton Care Home whilst a solicitor for Richmond and Barnes council, despite it having 2 weeks of widespread national newspaper coverage after a police raid in late 1982. He later stood for the Richmond and Barnes constituency unsuccessfully in 1983 and no one even mentioned a known paedophile brothel in the constituency??

The same Keith Vaz that went on to become senior solicitor at Islington Borough council from 83-85 home to one of Britain's largest ever child abuse in care scandals - (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2003/jul/06/children.childprotection)

The same Keith Vaz that led a standing ovation for Greville Janner on Janner escaping any action over allegations of child sexual abuse emerging from the trial of another (non-VIP) offender. Vaz has subsequently campaigned for blanket anonymity for those accused of sexual offences. Janner now stands accused of 15 counts of sexual assault and 7 of buggery from 9 victims - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-historic-sex-abuse-charges-in-new-year.html

The qualities that lend Vaz to being the perfect man to lead The Home Affairs Select Committee are obvious. Safe pair of hands.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
that's the way boys......dog with a shitty rag.......carry on though , looking back i was on the edge/borderline of getting a good abusing on numerous occasions but for one reason or another it never seemed to happen..........i am sure there are thousands of bone fide abuse cases to be followed upon but unfortunately there are no doubt thousands of fabricated cases as well....we are all human and this planet will be fukt within the next 1000 years...as in uninhabitable .....:thumbsup: but we wont put that in the papers...:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here