Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

THE essential 2010 Christmas tree thread.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Real or artificial?

And if real, how much?

I bought a real tree today. To be honest, to call it a 'tree' is over doing it.. It's a branch in a tub. It cost £20. Twenty quid! At least it can be replanted, so I plan on giving it its freedom on January 6th and visiting it frequently - to get my money's worth.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One artificial and one real out of the garden, not up and decorated yet though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
£8 a foot for non-drop Norweigan Spruce from an independant garden center, here in South London.

Not quite sure those soft needles make up for having my trollies pulled down, but still, i didn't want to buy from B+Q/Homebase or the pikey who's set up on an old car lot on the south circ..

Now have a nice 7ft beauty in my living room, thank you very much.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£8 a foot for non-drop Norweigan Spruce from an independant garden center, here in South London.

Not quite sure those soft needles make up for having my trollies pulled down, but still, i didn't want to buy from B+Q/Homebase or the pikey who's set up on an old car lot on the south circ..

Now have a nice 7ft beauty in my living room, thank you very much.

£56!!!!

:eek:

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Did i mention the £14 special stand to go with it..?

Oh..

Even the 'car lot' pikeys wanted £45 - it's market value up here in..

*Give up Rowdey, sound more like HBB with every post..*

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
£15 - 5 foot tall, outside Balham station.

Every time I buy a Christmas tree I am reminded of what a shop keeper in Clapham told me a few years ago in all seriousness.

"The international Christmas tree market is controlled by the Jews..."

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Ours is a 6ft fake tree 'Made exclusively in China'
On its last legs now so hoping for a real one next year. Decorated with only blue & white/silver no red shit on my tree.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Real, 6.5 foot-ish, £45 from the local garden centre.

Had the same issue as previous years in that the trunk did not fit into our stand so spent some of last night and first thing this morning hacking at the trunk with a saw and 'chisel' (i.e. screwdriver).

Got there in the end and it went up this morning and we decorated it and listened to Christmas songs.

We've been out for most of the day and come back to find it on the floor - lights and baubles everywhere, not to mention the water I'd filled the base with. Brilliant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here