Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the end of oatway?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
ok a tad dramatic but with hammond and chippy playing yesterday(and controlling the play) does this mean oatway was just out of favour for this game or maybe the begging of the end for him?

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
About bloody time! The guy is only any good for man-marking some old git like Paul Merson, and spoiling their game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
KinkyGoebels said:
The people i have spoken to seem to think the team was much better without him.

it was - but he is still there to do a job when he need him

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We looked good without him, Chippy seemed to be happier aswell knowing he had Hammond to back him up. Will still do a job in some games tho just not a auto start

And how many times has Charlie been written off now over the past few years - and still they do it :lolol:

Is anyone brave enough to predict he won't play for the first team again this year? :)

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
London Irish said:
And how many times has Charlie been written off now over the past few years - and still they do it :lolol:

Is anyone brave enough to predict he won't play for the first team again this year? :)

i dont think he will be first choice anymore. but our squad is so small that you can never rule put the possibility of him starting

mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
i dont think he will be first choice anymore. but our squad is so small that you can never rule put the possibility of him starting

Yes, you would be very wise not to rule out that possibility, IMHO like :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We have a small squad and will probably get injuries, so Oatway is not out of the picture. I think Chippy and Hammond will now be first choice central midfield, so it will be interesting to see whether Nicolas gets the nod ahead of Charlie if there are injuries.

I have a lot of admiration for Oatway, but I think Nicolas will get the nod in the future as he is a McGhee signing, and I think that would be the correct decision.

Charlie has been a great servant for this club, and I haven't got a bad word to say about him. He may get game time, but I don't think he's up to this level any more. I hope he proves me wrong.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:

He could also be called upon to Captain the team in the Sussex Senior Cup! :lolol:

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Charlie has played okay in the main and was great last season. However, as we are looking more attack minded now, perhaps we will use him selectively.

However, his influence off the pitch and in the dressing room cannot be underestimated and a lot of the legendary Albion team spirit of recent seasons is down to his influence. Charlie in that sense is a vital member of the squad.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Of course he will, even the most anti-Oatway wouldn't sya otherwise.

We have a small squad and there will be injuries and suspensions, and Oatway, like Harty and Mayo, is the type of player who will work his socks off to get back into the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here