Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The elephant in the room

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
They weren't very capable tonight were they.

I thought they were solid. It was a tight game decided by a VAR decision. 12 shots created with 4 on target is decent, as was the Gross pass to Lamptey that deserved more. The game certainly felt flat, but I thought both sides were just cancelling each other out.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Also, if Alzate is so bad at defending why did Potter first play him at RWB?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
And it’s weird that he never brings him on. So why have him on the bench even?

Is it some kind of ploy from GP? I think he should be first team, but if he’s not going to use him as sub even, it seems like a wasted spot on the bench.

From 8 subs, they're not all going to get on, are they?.
The main reason for Subs is to cover for injury - once the game is an hour+ old, subs can then be used to change tactics/shape or bring on fresh legs.

The debate seems to be that Potter is not yet sure of his first choice midfield - but I'd want to try Alzate over White in a player's more natural position.
I wonder if it's written in White's contract that if he's fit, he must play?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
When I’ve been talking to my mates about Brighton and who should start we are all agreed that Alzate should be in the team. He looked quality earlier this season, he can wriggle away from players and drive with the ball. I think he’s far more creative than White, who’s better suited to the CB role from what I’ve seen

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I wouldn’t have started him tonight because groß did so well in his role against Villa and Liverpool but looking forward if Lallana isn’t back next game I’d much rather have him in midfield than White. Offers a bit more dynamics than White, would rather have White in for Webster or Veltman personally.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Number 17 isn't a lucky number in the bingo draw which helps pick the team. It wasn't for Murray, either.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bought my friend an elephant.
It was a present for his front room.
He wanted to thank me.
But I said “don’t mention it”

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Most of last season, I liked Alzate but wasn't sure how he would get regular playing time as he didn't seem to have a position to call his own.

This season, he was excellent in the first few games in a position he could call his own, but now can't get into the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here