Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The East Stand

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Time to make tickets £15 and get a few more bums on seats. The few people who have season tickets should be offered refunds for the remaining games, or relocation or the option to leave the money with the club.

I don't know how many people that stand holds but if we get 800 people in at £15 thats an extra £12,000

£24.50 is simple to much for the floating fans to pay for league one football.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
_wilka_ said:
Time to make tickets £15 and get a few more bums on seats. The few people who have season tickets should be offered refunds for the remaining games, or relocation or the option to leave the money with the club.

I don't know how many people that stand holds but if we get 800 people in at £15 thats an extra £12,000

£24.50 is simple to much for the floating fans to pay for league one football.

While I agree with the sentiment I can't help but feel the refunds to the 4,000 season ticket holders might offset the extra revenue.

seven stands

May 25, 2006
hastings
i have no idea about this but i reckon all the money from season tickets probly been spent now so cant see how the club could afford to refund us sth`s. agree that price needs to be dropped or give loads of free tickets away to schools and clubs as we will make some money from progs, food, shirts etc

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I only ment refunding the few season ticket holders in the east stand! There can't be more that about 50!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Re: Re: The East Stand

Voroshilov said:
While I agree with the sentiment I can't help but feel the refunds to the 4,000 season ticket holders might offset the extra revenue.

You would only refund anyone with a ST in the East Stand. As its am inferior view to the South and North you would expect it to be much cheaper anyway.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The East Stand

John Boy said:
Yes, my season ticket is back row centre.

The view is great from the very front, but there is nothing stopping people move nearer to the back

How would you feel if ticket prices were slashed to £15 like I sugguest? Would you want a refund or would you view it as money that has already gone and not worry?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The East Stand

_wilka_ said:
How would you feel if ticket prices were slashed to £15 like I sugguest? Would you want a refund or would you view it as money that has already gone and not worry?

Personally, if it meant the stands were full, fan-bloody-tastic.

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The East Stand

_wilka_ said:

I purchased a student season ticket at the start of the year (£277), so it works out as £12 a game for me.

I'll be happy if they slash tickets to £15 (and lets say £12 for concessions) if it means more bums on seats.

If I had paid for an adults season ticket, I would expect a refund for the remaining games.

Yoda

English & European
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The East Stand

John Boy said:
I purchased a student season ticket at the start of the year (£277), so it works out as £12 a game for me.

I'll be happy if they slash tickets to £15 (and lets say £12 for concessions) if it means more bums on seats.

If I had paid for an adults season ticket, I would expect a refund for the remaining games.

Well, there we go. Club, please take note.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I think the problem with this idea would be the away stand would also have to have the prices at the same level.

Something needs to be done. Ticket prices are clearly a major factor in the low attendances. Some of my mates who hardly ever come to the Withdean might be tempted back if they could get in for £15

John Boy

Paul McShane
Aug 15, 2004
'ove actually
_wilka_ said:
I think the problem with this idea would be the away stand would also have to have the prices at the same level.

Something needs to be done. Ticket prices are clearly a major factor in the low attendances. Some of my mates who hardly ever come to the Withdean might be tempted back if they could get in for £15

It might encourage more away fans to come. They have such an awful view, I expect many wish to stay at home than pay £23

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
There are adverts at some of the College/Uni sites that i've noticed at Brighton, although they offer 'Championship football for £15' or something like that, probably produced for the Luton game last year.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah seen a few small posters at CCB recently

as for the view its terrible..

... you can see the pitch and EVERYTHING!:nono:

1066gull

To be honest, many neutrals at my college will still think 17 quid with a tudent card is still a rip off!

For me, I try and go to many as possible, but it is hard for neutrals.

Someone year below me, Norwich supporter, has a soft spot for Brighton and has no intention of going because of the price.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here