Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Earliest You Have Left An Albion Game

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
Slight twist on this thread - I used to ARRIVE at half-time, the original JCL!

To explain, back in the early 1970s I had to work on Saturday, so the only way I could watch the beloved Albion was to have my lunch break from 3.45 to 4.45.

I literally ran from Palmeira Square to the Goldstone to arrive just in time for the second half. Ah! Those heady days of being fit! :D

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I always knew I was going to have to leave the Birmingham game early this season due to an evening commitment and the stupid k/o timing. The floodlight failure meant I had to go with only 65 mins on the clock. Mind you I think we could still be playing that game now without threatening to score!

85 minutes at Nottingham Forest last season. Had travelled to the game on National Express for bargain price of £20 return and had to leave then so I could catch my bus back. Meant I missed Lynch's equaliser for them but not too fussed as wasn't the best of games from my memory.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Birmingham away last season - left at 80 minutes as i was an idiot and booked the wrong train. Knew i wasnt going to miss anything as it was one of the most boring games ive ever seen.

aldershot village

Jan 22, 2013
5 1 away at Plymouth can't remember the year saw all 6 goals left on 38 mins with Uncle Buck .He took me to a nice pub he knew turned out it was an Argyle chaps pub they were ok though.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I've left early three times - the walk-out v Hereford in '97, the 5-0 at Palace as I just couldn't take any more, but the record, and possibly the record on here was after THREE minutes at MK Dons, one of Slade's first games in charge. Lovely sunny day and my four-your old at her second game was enjoying her ice cream and balloons when the tannoy suddenly came on really loud as the players walked out, everyone started chanting and shouting and she got really scared. Then her balloon burst in her face and from then on she was in tears 'I want to go home daddy'. A bit of walking around the concourse did no good, so we went out and drove home. Got back in time to hear we'd lost dismally 2-0, so not much missed I suppose.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Left in disgust at half-time during the Stoke game at Withdean. No-one was trying and we lost 1-5 from memory - I thought "why should I be bothered if the players aren't" - and it was the last game of the season. Sometimes you stay out of loyalty or hope that something good will happen - but not that day.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Only ever left early once and that's when my mates dragged me away from west ham away last season. It was 6-0 (should have been about 10) and in the end I relented (they wanted to leave at HT) and think we left with still best 20 odd mins to go. That game was one of those one offs though.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Thursday 24th January 2002, we lost at Brentfod 4-0 when it was on some crappy TV channel. We were 2-0 down at half time and we nearly left then as we were shocking but we agreed to go on the 3rd goal which happened to be in the 59th minute. They scored a 4th 3 minutes later whilst we were walking down the road away from the ground. 2 weeks before we'd been stuffed 3-0 at Wigan which was equally appalling but we did see that one out.

Somehow, we won the league that season.....although Pardew thinks Reading won it:lol::lol::lol:

That Brentford game was the only time I've ever left early. It did mean getting back to Portsmouth a lot earlier but my mates have never let me forget my early departure...

I've only ever seen us get absolutely mauled at Brentford :(

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
away day few years ago,we lost 5-1,think charlie scored for us,we were 5 nil down,left after 40 mins,back to the pub

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Only once in forty five years. We were playing Oxford Utd at home in the FA Cup when we were in the old old first and they were in the old old third. We were absolutely shocking and lost 3-0 and I left when the 3rd goal went in. That was the match that the following Monday someone put an advert in the Argus: "For Sale, eleven clockwork clowns. Some work better than others." The phone number to ring if you were interested was the club's!

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
I left at half time against Bolton earlier this season, pissing it down the whole time and the little one was soaked through to his skin bless him. Then as it got worse by half time, I thought I'd better get him home or I would've been in a whole lot of trouble if I'd have made him stay out in that for another hour!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here