Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The DVD: Were we a better team last season?

Were we a better team last season?

• Yes

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Another feature for me was the amount of time Greer seemed to have to make telling forward passes that led to chances for our strikers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Yes because in Bennett we had a premier league player playing in League 1. the work he did covering right back was amazing and together with the incredible amount of assists and chances he made was always going to be missed.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
This year we are better team, last year we played against weaker opposition.

I watched the DVD today as well, sometimes we were given soooo much time and space to develop our moves, that just doesn't happen in this league.

Which I think has surprised Gus. PACE and POWER are the WATCHWORDS of this division.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We lost Murray and Bennett.. Very difficult to replace. Our squad now though including loans has made up for it I think.

We just playing at a much higher standard in one of the most competitive divisions in the world.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We miss Bennett HUGELY.
I'm not one who runs down Murray just because of where he plays now, he was superb last season and I've always said he was a loss. But if we stilll had Bennett here I don't think we'd ever talking about missing Murray. CMS would do what he did last season if he was in his shoes. The problem this season has been while we're still passing the ball we're not nearly so dangerous going forward, CMS is often isolated. There's a lack of supply and supporting runs from midfield, in other words everything Bennett did.

With everyone fit I'd say we're better than last season but that's the problem. Vicente can't fill Bennett's boots without playing games. Buckley is quality but a different type of player to Bennett (same goes for CMS and Murray actually). So with tha and injuries the shape of the team has actually changed quite a bit and that takes time.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
1 player who has not been mentioned who was superb when we were really firing before Christmas is Kish.It makes you wonder what a player he must have been 10 years earlier.Totally agree about Bennett,what a consistent performer he was.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think we do miss Murray and Benno :(
We miss Benno for definite , Murray I'm on the fence with - could score goals from nowhere (but so can CMS and Barnesy) but has hardly shone for the lot up the road this season has he?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
1 player who has not been mentioned who was superb when we were really firing before Christmas is Kish.It makes you wonder what a player he must have been 10 years earlier.Totally agree about Bennett,what a consistent performer he was.

Been saying since the Leicester game we need someone in a Kish role and personally given the choice I'd have El Abd - someone who will take no shit , get the ball up there and allow the midfield to be more creative , PLUS Adam , as much as he's improved, still worries me as the last line of defence.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Indeed we miss a Kish type player as well DEFINITELY.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Bennett was amazing for us last season. The amount of assists he got, it was because of him that Murray did so well I think.

Have to shamefacedly say I never really took too much notice at the time, but the DVD clearly shows that Barnes laid on a helluvalot of balls for Murray to tuck away. Desperately need somebody to strike up a similar understanding with CMS. That's not happened so far this season. OK, the quality of the opposition defences has improved, but not to the extent that it should snuff out our play in the final third of the field. The right ball threaded through to CMS will pay dividends.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have to shamefacedly say I never really took too much notice at the time, but the DVD clearly shows that Barnes laid on a helluvalot of balls for Murray to tuck away. Desperately need somebody to strike up a similar understanding with CMS. That's not happened so far this season. OK, the quality of the opposition defences has improved, but not to the extent that it should snuff out our play in the final third of the field. The right ball threaded through to CMS will pay dividends.

Maybe if we played Barnes as an out and out striker you would see that understanding. Poor old Barnes has been seriously compromised as a forward with the defensive/midfield work he has been asked to do this season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Maybe if we played Barnes as an out and out striker you would see that understanding. Poor old Barnes has been seriously compromised as a forward with the defensive/midfield work he has been asked to do this season.

He is the NEW Adam Virgo, like under Adams era. Anywhere but his best position!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here