Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Duke and Duchess of Sussex QUIT the Royal family

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
You can't just quit your family - oh wait a minute, that's what Meghan did to hers!

The way I see it, Harry didn’t sign up for this, if he wants to walk away, it’s his call. Maybe Meghan is being all Lady Macbeth about it. I don’t think any of us know what conversations have happened behind closed doors

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Joking aside, that was odd.

Not really, she had no pictures of Anne’s children, Edwards children or Andrews children. Or , pictures of Anne Edward or Andrew.
What she did have was the line of succession from her father to Williams family.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
When we sat down for tea last night at the dinner table it was a very quiet sobering experience, Me and Mrs Crodo were literally agog at the breaking news. Mrs Crodo is fuming at Meghan, after welcoming her into our Royal Family she feels betrayed.

:nono:

I love stuff like this. Reminds me that even though I think the monarchy is an outdated, needless institution I still love reading about them.

Another "this", that is the great irony of it all. We all (including me) profess not to give a shiny sh*t but we are also keen to pass comment!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have no real axe to grind with these two. Harry seems alright, and his doris is an absolute SAWT. They've got one shot at happiness in this life together, and if they'd rather spend their lives away from a disfunctional bunch of divorcees, cheaters, morons, liars, horses, perverts and senile elderly racists who roll Range Rovers, then I can't overly blame them for that.

Good luck to em.

Yet again Easy nails my thoughts without me having to type them. I might hire you to be my PR person.

Joking aside, that was odd.

From what I gather, it's actually some tradition to have photos of line of succession? I remember reading somewhere that it's happened before.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I have no real axe to grind with these two. Harry seems alright, and his doris is an absolute SAWT. They've got one shot at happiness in this life together, and if they'd rather spend their lives away from a disfunctional bunch of divorcees, cheaters, morons, liars, horses, perverts and senile elderly racists who roll Range Rovers, then I can't overly blame them for that.

Good luck to em.

Point of order.

It was a Land Rover Freelander.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Good luck to em.

Nail on head!

And, we'll have to, and should, pay for some security etc after they have left. They'll be under intense scrutiny and vulnerable because of who they they are, and they are who they are because we've invested in the idea of Royalty as a nation.

If the whole thing come tumbling down in the end, we'll have to elect a head of state. That's the only reason I'm pro-Queen/King at the moment. The last thing we need is to politicise the head of state. We can't even elect a government let alone a president. I like my head of state saying nothing.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1215218943985618945[/TWEET]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
When we sat down for tea last night at the dinner table it was a very quiet sobering experience, Me and Mrs Crodo were literally agog at the breaking news. Mrs Crodo is fuming at Meghan, after welcoming her into our Royal Family she feels betrayed.

:nono:

Sending thoughts and prayers.

I hope Polly and Giles have been suitable supportive at this terribly difficult time :down:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore

Good luck to em.

Another 'this' to this. Plus, anything that gets that prick Piers Morgan and his cronies FUMIN'! is de facto a good move.

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
Just a thought, this now means that Andrew moves up two places the list - it would only take Charles on a Sunday drive with the grandkids to have a bizarre (fatal) crash & the perv could be on the throne ???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Just a thought, this now means that Andrew moves up two places the list - it would only take Charles on a Sunday drive with the grandkids to have a bizarre (fatal) crash & the perv could be on the throne ???

I don't imagine, Harry choosing to remove himself from public royal duties, actually has any effect on his place in the line of succession, should any such a disaster occur :shrug:

Godstar

Jan 18, 2012
Sodom..or is it Gomorrah!
I don't imagine, Harry choosing to remove himself from public royal duties, actually has any effect on his place in the line of succession, should any such a disaster occur :shrug:

It does according to the beeb website

Ignore me, one report said Andrew moves up & another says nothing changes...I don’t really care so I’m going to get back in my box now!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ENysnhbWwAMAQMd

The Sun claiming an "EXCLUSIVE PALACE BOMBSHELL", when every newspaper in the country has this story plastered all over their front covers

:rolleyes:

(be nice if there really was a palace bombshell though)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Royalty will evolve once William and Kate takeover, sadly we still have boring Charles to deal with. Once he is out the way I suspect it will be very different and quite rightly so.

Harry is only partially Royal given it is the worlds worst secret who his father is and he despises the press and clearly blames them for the death of his Mum. I don't blame him one bit for bailing out of this institution and now is as good time as ever with a new wife and kid.

I suspect we will have had the shortest ever Duke and Duchess of Sussex

Was Charles being Harry's dad a secret then ?

It's also a badly kept secret that the Hewitt affair started two years after he was born and that he has a look of 'Spencer' about him.

I guess some folk can't live without boring truths.

kjgood

Royalty will evolve once William and Kate takeover, sadly we still have boring Charles to deal with. Once he is out the way I suspect it will be very different and quite rightly so.

Harry is only partially Royal given it is the worlds worst secret who his father is and he despises the press and clearly blames them for the death of his Mum. I don't blame him one bit for bailing out of this institution and now is as good time as ever with a new wife and kid.

I suspect we will have had the shortest ever Duke and Duchess of Sussex

I agree with your reading of the situation, Harry (If not both of the boys) clearly has some mental health issues brought on by his mothers death and the way that she was hounded and potrayed by the press. As a lesser Royal anyway and having had no choice but to be born into the whole circus the Royal family is it is I dont blame him for wanting a different life especially as he and his wife are financially able to do it.

Currently I have admiration and respect for the Queen (Ex army so I took the Queens shilling) how I will feel about the Royal family once she passes away i'm not so sure. There is more to come out about Andrew i'm sure of that and tension with William for some reason maybe hes doing the right thing in getting away now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here